Closing my thread!

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbp

Flashaholic
Agreed Arch. Moderation and disciplinary action is not enacted by popular vote (un)fortunately.

However, if/when Nichia! returns, this thread will hopefully demonstrate that many members kindly choose to believe the best about a person, but also that our actions and words can/do hurt others. Perhaps a nice New Year resolution for all, to consider how we make others feel.

I know I have gotten myself in trouble and had to apologize here MANY times over the years. Sometimes publicly sometimes privately. Humility and a willingness to change can make us all better people.

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
nobones- no problem man . wer're all adult here, just wanted to see how things go.

frodo- i would have to agree but man it seems like its been an ongoing thing for awhile.

idk i guess if i was a moderator id have to have a group convo and wed have to all decide

also how much good did he do for the community vs the bad?

idk..seems like a tough call to make

nbp

Flashaholic
You nailed it wicky! Everything looks easy until you are the one to do it, then it gets a lot more hairy.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
I feel like if somebody wants to complain CONSTANTLY about a forum and how it's ran then they should leave and not come back. It's that simple. Everyone knows how I feel about him including him. The only reason he comes back is to push peoples buttons then try to justify his action by saying he plans to buy 75 of the lights he just bashed then makes an apology saying his kid fell and hurt his head. I'm surprised he's lasted as long as he has. After he blatantly attacked Vinh and called him an outright liar that would have been it for me. He's a special case, one of the worst I've seen in many many forums visited in many many years of the internet. I've moderated in the past on two gun/hunting forums and one car parts forum and I don't envy any of you all. One great luxury we have here is an ignore button. : ) happy new year everyone! Nichia I hope you find some peace

wicky998

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cannot recall any unilateral bannings here, for at least as long as I've been a mod.

i realize that may have came off the wrong way now that i reread it.

i wasnt saying it was going to be unilateral just that i know i couldnt make that call alone.

my apologies

wicky

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
I guess part of what I was trying to say is that even if OP was... very strongly worded, I feel in retrospect like he was sort of "ganged up on", and I feel like I was a part of that. I know he kinda brought it on himself... even still... Alright, like Archie said, maybe we shouldn't go too far down this path, so I'll stop now.

archimedes

Flashaholic
i realize that may have came off the wrong way now that i reread it.

i wasnt saying it was going to be unilateral just that i know i couldnt make that call alone....

No, I understand and agree with your point.

I mentioned that these are group (staff) decisions because OP specifically called out one particular mod here and claimed that he "banned whoever he wanted"

It doesn't work that way here.

.... I feel in retrospect like he was sort of "ganged up on", and I feel like I was a part of that. I know he kinda brought it on himself....

In multiple posts in this thread, OP specifically requested other members' candid thoughts and opinions on the matter.

Staff left this thread open to facilitate that.

Last edited:

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
Yeah. I know you are right Archie. As was stated previously, be careful what you wish for. You might get it. For what it's worth, this was an interesting thread. Perhaps a bit unusual, but certainly mixed things up a bit. Life would be boring if everything was smooth sailing all the time.

archimedes

Flashaholic
On that note, hopefully everyone had their say, and we'll close this one down now.

Thank you all for sharing your thoughts, and your understanding.

Sincerely wishing everyone here, in this thread and on CPF, a very happy new year.

Greta

Flashaholic
Happy New Year everyone! :party:

Sorry I'm late to the party... was spending some holiday time with friends and family.

Nichia - let's start this year off right, ok? That means you will no longer be able to post on CPF. Your account has been restricted to "read only". And it will forever remain that way. The moderators and administrators have been dealing with your trolling and basic nonsense for well over a year now and I've lost count of how many times you were given "time out" just in 2019. You never did get the message even though we gave you more chances than probably anyone else in CPF history. So we're done. Or rather *I* am done.

Enjoy your reading. And if you feel like you need to register under another name to sneak in, don't. You will lose ALL access to CPF for that.

Again... Happy New Year everyone! :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts