Cloud Defense MCH

alnl1996

Newly Enlightened
Wait a minute. I keep hearing that these lights get super hot after a few minutes, I have the full size MCH- EDC dual output.
It just gets warm not hot after a few minutes because mine has a thermal step down that lowers the output gradually from the 1400 (or so) lumens down to in my estimation 250-300 after several minutes.
I thought this was for better runtime which really works. A 18650 will last for hours.. either way I love the tint and beam pattern on the EDC.
My question is, is there a step down with the single output mode? Or full beans all the time?

tango44

Enlightened
Wait a minute. I keep hearing that these lights get super hot after a few minutes, I have the full size MCH- EDC dual output.
It just gets warm not hot after a few minutes because mine has a thermal step down that lowers the output gradually from the 1400 (or so) lumens down to in my estimation 250-300 after several minutes.
I thought this was for better runtime which really works. A 18650 will last for hours.. either way I love the tint and beam pattern on the EDC.
My question is, is there a step down with the single output mode? Or full beans all the time?
I can only talk for single mode lights, both versions will get so hot that you can't handle them.

alnl1996

Newly Enlightened
I can only talk for single mode lights, both versions will get so hot that you can't handle them.
I see, mine never gets above 40C..then it just cools down on it's own after a few minutes.
This tint (my estimation is about 4500K) is perfect for me and I like having the low (about 10% output) come on first because it makes a great indoor light as well.