CMG Reactor with NiMH?

Nerd

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you have a good one, you will get it to light up a bit, if you have a bad one, it won't even light up at all. Maybe if you want, you can try using 2/3 AAs. But of cos charging the mwould be a problem though.

doubleganger

Enlightened
just don't use nimh batteries with the reactor III cause it killed mine.

EDIT: I've since found out that nimh batteries are ok if you wait overnight after recharging.

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Originally posted by Nerd:
Maybe if you want, you can try using 2/3 AAs. But of cos charging the mwould be a problem though.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Those 2/3AAs will charge up very nicely on good chargers like the CCrane..(with home-made foil spacers).

ledfanfromjuno

Enlightened
The reactor I will suck with nimh. I had two. I also have an inretech 2AA cyan. It sucks with nimh batteries because the voltage is to low. With lithium batteries the flashlight is very bright however, the inretech that is. My two reactors sucked even with lithiums in them. I disassembled them.

If you want a rechargeable flashlight you are going to need the following:

1Watt Luxeon Star:
2 battery flashlight with DC/DC circuit like arc ls2rev2 or madmax or badboy400 or badboy500 (note madmax has an adjustment knob to change brightness and runtime) or lambda illpill

3 battery flashlight direct drive WITH RESISTOR BUILT INTO FLASHLIGHT OR nimh batteries will burn out the luxeon because while lesser voltage nimh produce more current destroying the current sensitive luxeon. That's why the reactor III burned out; it has no resistor. If interested in this a new flashlight with a NEW OPTICS package has just been created. It is the only one in the world. The regular luxeon collimator sucks. Here are the beamshots of the latest and greatest 1 watt luxeon collimated flashlight; just make sure to ask him to put a resistor into it when you email him.
http://elektrolumens.com/BLASTER/Blaster_II_Beamshots.html
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=14;t=000986

5 watt luxeon star flashlights:

For rechargeables you'll need either a 6AA flashlight custom made with a resistor added to the flashlight or a 6D flashlight with a 2.2 ohm resistor added to the flashlight.
I bought a modified garrity fully focusable 6aa 5watt cyan luxeon star resistorred flashlight from elektrolumens for $149. He charges $79 for a 6D maglite running a cyan 5watt with resistor and old collimator. I would rather get the new style collimator 30mm he has had made for his blaster II in the link above. The old collimator spews the light like a flood that doesn't cast far at all just vanishes past 20 yards.