CNI PGL-III diode question

trident

Newly Enlightened
Has anyone measured the power going to the diode assembly in their PGL-III? What was it at?

LaserMod

Enlightened
Mine measures at approx, 610ma since pot modded.

Lasermod site? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif That will be confusing. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

The laser and plane image is NOT a good idea.

trident

Newly Enlightened
and don't you get > 250mw output?

I changed my link title

Raccoon

Enlightened
wow-- we don't get much trolling around these parts. keep up the good work trident.

LaserMod

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif Trident, after the change that is. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

trident

Newly Enlightened
I had this idea that I could attach a pot-shorted leadlight driver board to the PGL-III laser diode, (since I hear the pot-short outputs ~600ma) Would that be possible? It seems like you could do this to take a stock 100mw PGL-III and get it closer to the 200mw range.

Are laser driver boards even compatible? or are they specifically designed for the diode they're driving?

I made those pictures in photoshop... no kitties were harmed in the making of my website

Kiessling

Flashaholic
trident, the pic in your link is completely out of line, and I am sure you know it.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banned2.gif
bernhard

bootleg2go

Enlightened
I suppose you could try and it probably would not hurt anything unless a stupid mistake was made that destroyed it. Why not just try to modify the driver board of the PGL-III to get more power, that's a better idea. You see just because the leadlight board uses 600ma or something with the diode it has does not mean it will be able to supply that much current to a larger diode with different charactoristics, like internal resistance and such. You may find that with a larger diode that board may only be capable of supplying 200 ma. I'm not sure where the idea that 600ma on a PGL-III will provide 200mw output? Not that it couldn't, but mine is using well over 800ma to get the 225mw or more. Another thing is that the power/current that is pushed through the diode is only 1/2 or less of what it take to get higher power. What is most important is the crystal set and purity/quality and alignment of those.

Jack