Colonoscopy, Why YOU should have ONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

radellaf

Flashlight Enthusiast
Fair enough, and I know "the science" is definitely on the side of getting them regularly. As of now, I won't be, but that's not what I'd recommend to anyone else. I'm still on the young side, and no family history. Of cancer. Definitely a history of anxiety.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Colonoscopy, the original youtube, butt with less crap.

In all seriousness, colonoscopies do save lives and prevent cancer. My Mom found out she had colon cancer in college and had to go to the Mayo Clinic for a new surgery to remove part of her colon. She was the 8th person ever to have that surgery and the first to have children after that surgery. I was her firstborn child. Without preventive measures like colonoscopies, she might have died and I would have never been born.

The nurse told me I was about to take a power-nap. The room didn't fade to black. It went black in 0.25 of a second.

When the aliens were through with me, I woke up just as fast. I remember the nurse asking me if I was OK. Without saying a word, I reached behind, touched by lower back, and said - "Well, I'm not in a bathtub of ice-water and I still have my kidneys, so I guess I'm fine." She was not amused. "No Mr "Gardiner", we did not steal your kidneys." She then turned and walked away. I thought it was funny.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
When I was in the suite and they were about to begin the procedure, the doctor asked if I had any concerns before they got started. I said "Yeah, don't put this on Youtube." They all cracked up and then everything went black.

Last edited:

Poppy

Flashaholic
The nurse told me I was about to take a power-nap. The room didn't fade to black. It went black in 0.25 of a second.

When the aliens were through with me, I woke up just as fast. I remember the nurse asking me if I was OK. Without saying a word, I reached behind, touched by lower back, and said - "Well, I'm not in a bathtub of ice-water and I still have my kidneys, so I guess I'm fine." She was not amused. "No Mr "Gardiner", we did not steal your kidneys." She then turned and walked away. I thought it was funny.
LOL I thought that was funny too!

When I had my colonoscopy done I was OUT in a heart beat.

When I had my cataract surgery done, my head was strapped in, and they put something under my eyelid, to keep my eye open, and while it was blurry, I could see them and feel some pressure, but no pain. My thought was..."Holy s##t! I hope I won't be able to see all of this!, and then I was out. Thank God!"

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Politicians are like diapers. They should be changed often and for the same reason.

Hopefully sleepy man made it through ok. I don't watch tv so I get my news here in the Cafe'. So I don't know if we still have a woman president.

CNCman

Newly Enlightened
I'm 63, had first scope at 50, found 4 polyps, told to come back in 3 yrs. At 53 had second scope, found 3 polyps, one pre-cancer, told to come back in 2 yrs. At 55 had third scope, no polyps, told to come back in 3 yrs. At 58 had fourth scope, found 2 small polyps, told to come back in 3yrs. At 61 had fifth scope, found 1 small polyp, told to come back in 5yrs.
The guy who was my bowling teacher died from colon cancer at 63yrs old, I was 49 at that time, his death convinced me to get scoped at 50. Bobby was a Good person. We bowled on a league together. If you could see the unnecessary loss, getting scoped is easier to do.
My last scope experience was the easiest. The pre-cleaning meds were as gentle as it could be. Very gentle compared to all the previous ones. A morning appointment is best because of the pre-cleaning timing. The drug Propofol is widely used today, so your post recovery time is much faster.
Getting scoped today is by far the best its ever been, don't be afraid, save yourself. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.