Comfortable cable clips for headband or alternate headband

russelwallace

Newly Enlightened
Anyone know where I can source clips for securing a headlamp cord/cable to the headband? Every headlamp that has a separate battery-pack in the back has them, some more comfortable than others, but I do not know where to get them separately (i.e., without buying a whole new headlamp).

Also, does anyone know of a super comfortable (without helmet) headband for wearing the headlamp for a long hours?

borrower

Enlightened
Petzl clips here: http://www.customduo.co.uk/Pages/bazaar.aspx (not sure if shipping from the UK is crippling/possible for you...) They certainly work for cables 4-5mm in diameter (and maybe a little on each side of that).

I was hoping to be able to find you a headband with a very wide elastic, but my source has discontinued them. Next best that I can think of is the Petzl replacement, Part Number: E04999. (1" band with a wide strap over the top.)

russelwallace

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, borrower. Those clips look like they might work quite well. I wonder why there are no headbands that have integrated hook-and-loop type attachments for cables?