Component specifications, replacement parts & repair guides

IsaacL

Enlightened
Re: Attn: READ ME

Thank you both for the update. I've notated that info in the OP.

Exeter354

Enlightened

One other thing I noticed with regards to this:

Replacement parts*
  • McClicky Switch and Boot (You don't need the brass ring or boot spacer. Prometheus Lights also sells switches and boots)
I ordered the McClicky switch and boot...the switch is exactly right, but the boot is a little different:

IMG_8064_zpsxtt85ikh.jpg

As you can see in the picture (hopefully)...the old boot (on the light) is a bit more rounded and has a finer texture/pattern on the top. The new one is a bit more squared off with a more pronounced texture. This might not bother anyone, but I'm curious as to why these changed (maybe just a different manufacturer?) and if the old style is still available anywhere.

Just wanted to share these things as they come up...hopefully others will as well and we can keep this thread current because it's super helpful having this resource!

Last edited:

sigfan

Enlightened

I had the same problem with the ones I ordered from Oveready and from Prometheus Lights. However the ones I got from Malkoff Devices are the same as the original ones.
http://malkoff-devices.myshopify.com/products/mcclicky-switch-boot-and-retainer
The only thing you will need to do is trim up the edge as it will not fit right otherwise. Pretty sure this is what Mac had to do as all my original ones look like they have been trimmed up.

Original on the left, Malkoff in the middle and Oveready on the right.
IMG_4460_zps2cngoqjv.jpg

IMG_4461_zpsjqeji6jt.jpg

sigfan

Enlightened

Espionage Studio

Enlightened
Component specifications, replacement parts & repair guides

You're on fire sigfan! That's exciting news, I've been looking for stock sized sapphire lenses for a minute now. I have a couple on the way, will be a nice upgrade.

Last edited:

Exeter354

Enlightened
Re: Component specifications, replacement parts & repair guides

Yeah sigfan!!! Got some boots, got some screws, got some gaskets and got some glass! I'm set for the next century!!!

IsaacL

Enlightened
Re: Component specifications, replacement parts & repair guides

I'm glad to see all the cool stuff still being made, shared, and posted in this forum.

I've added a few links to SOYCD exceptional light engines, specifically runs #3 and #4.

***FYI, I added all the info from the recent posts to the OP. Good work guys! :thumbsup:

Last edited:

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast

Yea I meant to say something about this when I contacted them a few months ago and they told me they were no longer making them. I ordered some from here and they work fine. #107 Band Width .62 mm, Inside Diameter 20 mm, Outside Diameter 21.25 mm

http://www.ofrei.com/page_107.html

They do have a $15 minimum order though

now it's an $18 minimum.

mcbrat

Flashlight Enthusiast
more clip info. Okluma Ti clips fit as well (though can scratch the body where the tip rests)

also, I've seen photos of Mac's clips broken, and recently found that there must have been too runs of clips done. I had a thin one that seemed really flexible, and can see where it could break from rough use, and I had another that was very rigid, and the same thickness and a McGizmo clip. I'm assuming the thinner clip was an earlier run....