Condor Outdoor packs, got one?

Mad1

Enlightened
According to my RAT wallet "American design made in Taiwan"

GhostReaction

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Icarus / maxped owners :wave:,

Are these Maxpeditions backpack heavily stormproof?

Need a backpack for trekking and biking.

I m also considering Tactical Tailor assault back pack (made in USA)

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know what you mean with "heavily stormproof" ... :thinking: ... but I bought mine for my upcoming adventurous trip in Nepal and India... :shrug:

Icarus

Flashlight Enthusiast
I didn't try it but I don't think so. However you can always use an umbrella... :naughty:

Mad1

Enlightened
Maxpedition stuff uses cordura which isnt waterproof.

If you want a backpack for walking get something by Berghaus, North Face, Mountain Equipement, they will have dedicated rain covers.

And will be much better for walking than Maxpedition stuff.

chiphead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was at my local Farm & Barn and to my surprise saw a Condor Ouytdoor Medium Modular Style Assult Pack for $39.99.

I'm looking for a new pack and this one fits my needs. Seems well constructed. Looked on-line and they ran from $31 to $55. I know Maxpedition is a big name around here and I was wondering how it might measure up.

Any thoughts?

Are the zippers on this Condor pack YKK,if not, no thanks.

chiphead(also looking for new pack.)

victoria stiles

Newly Enlightened
Ok.. I have herd about the Condor Ouytdoor Meidum Modular style Assult Pack. Good tools. A friend of mine was using them.The good thing about them is that they work good and anyone can get them in less prices.

Last edited:

LUPARA

Newly Enlightened
A little late in the reply but I have a FLYYE industires IFAK pouch that was reasonably priced and i must say it's excellent. Big YKK zipper and clamshell opening; certified 1000D CORDURA ... very nice. I also have two CONDOR, padded GPS pouches ... they have 'hidden' zippers but they work just fine and the pouches are great for my purposes and the cordura material seems to be tough as nails - 9 dollars for a pouch - can't go wrong.

I have a Maxped ASB (Active Shooters Bag - Pals version) - the FLYYE IFAK pouch fits perfectly on one end; a Maxped mini pocket organizer on the opposite end of the bag and the two CONDOR GPS pouches are affixed on the front of the bag. All in all ... a great EDC set-up for me. Both the FLYYE pouch and the CONDOR pouches look just fine when paired with the Maxped stuff.

By the way - Maxped make nothing of the same size as the FLYYE IFAK or the CONDOR padded pouches - which is why I did the custom mix 'n match.