Consider Getting A Colonoscopy

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Grandfather was in horrible pain; nightmarishly skinny. The last time I saw him in the hospital is forever forged in my memory, stricken with colon cancer. Wife's dad also fell to this, though her mother contends he did get a colonoscopy. One would do well to consume less food that may increase the risk. The test is cheaper to prevent than treat. That is why our insurance will pay the bulk of the test. Hopefully other members will relate (or reaffirm) their experience.

Poppy

Flashaholic
My doctor recommended that I do a cologuard test. Real simple... poop in a bucket, and send a smear of it out.

It came back positive. I had a colonoscopy done, and a couple of polyps removed. I'm told THAT is CURATIVE! I return in another couple of years.

PhotonWrangler

Flashaholic
Yikes! Glad they caught it, Poppy! I think my next one is due in a year or two. While I'm not looking forward to it, it's a minor inconvenience in the big picture.

this_is_nascar

Flashaholic
Polyps are usually nothing to be concerned about. I've never had a colonoscopy where I didn't get 3--6 removed and biopsied, including my test from yesterday.

So far, they've always come back benign. I suggest that everyone over 45-50 get at least, their 1st colonoscopy. It's actually pretty selfish not to get one. It's your family that you're hurting.

Man up and do the right thing, just don't forget to ask the doctor to buy you dinner 1st.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
dont ever getone buy a guy named frank who ask to meet in a arbys restroom. for real2 times my docter asked me to poopin a box i just cant doit to weird