Convert HDS/Novatac 2X123 to 18650 for $1

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Very cool! I just happened to purchase an old HDS B42XR and 2x123 battery tube! I'm glad I found this!

Kid9P

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Ok, I went to 3 Home Depot's and 1 Michael's and I still can't find
that little metal bar :(

If anyone has one to spare, I'd glady buy it from you !!
Just shoot me a PM

Thanks!

Ray

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it's kind of an old thread, but I had put my NovaTac 120P aside in favor of a ZL SC600 as my EDC, mainly because I love having hours and hours of light provided by the 18650, but now, after spending a whopping $8 to convert it to 18650 ($6 for the tube from Lighthound including shipping + $2 for the brass piece from ACE), I've got my NovaTac 120P back as my main light again (also sporting a new Nichia HiCRI 219 4500k LED).

Thanks, Hogokansatsukan, for taking the time to document and share this EASY mod. Highly recommended!

Lucky Duck

Enlightened
Thanks, Hogokansatsukan, for taking the time to document and share this EASY mod. Highly recommended![/QUOTE]

+1,000! Love it, & indeed easy! ( Cheap too!)

cynical

Newly Enlightened
Wow, I REALLY hate necroposts, but I have to give credit where credit is due. Thanks to Hogokansatsukan for this great post! Fortunately the pics are still up. I had bought the extended tube for my Novatac SP120 years ago, I think from Lighthound. I could never get it to work, and then I lost the spring. For some reason I hung on to the tube. I decided to invest in the brass strip, which I couldn't find online for less than $8. But now I'm using the tube, and with 18650s! Woohoo!!