• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Converted Mini Maglite to LED. Thank You all!

TD-Horne

Newly Enlightened
I cannot seem to find who recommended the Litt Industries MM2AASB conversion kit to me so I haven't gotten to say thank you individually. I do want to say Thank You to all of you who offered suggestions for both new lights and upgrades.

One of my biggest challenges is that many of the new lights that folks here recommended are not supported with batteries available in the FEMA supply chain during disaster relief operations. The last time out the chute they had AA, C, and D alkaline cells and some AA Lithium primary cells which they were reserving for use by the Urban Search and Rescue Teams who were working outdoors and pulling 12 hour shifts.

We could bring other types of batteries with us but during actual operations it is foolhardy to not be able to use batteries that are available through supply. Using batteries that are physically interchangeable with batteries available through Supply unit does work of course even if the particular batteries we bring are not directly replaceable.

Tom Horne

Last edited:

aznsx

Flashlight Enthusiast
I cannot seem to find who recommended the Litt Industries MM2AASB conversion kit to me so I haven't gotten to say thank you individually. I do want to say Thank You to all of you who offered suggestions for both new lights and upgrades.

One of my biggest challenges is that many of the new lights that folks here recommended are not supported with batteries available in the FEMA supply chain during disaster relief operations. The last time out the chute they had AA, C, and D alkaline cells and some AA Lithium primary cells which they were reserving for use by the Urban Search and Rescue Teams who were working outdoors and pulling 12 hour shifts.

We could bring other types of batteries with us but during actual operations it is foolhardy to not be able to use batteries that are available through supply. Using batteries that are physically interchangeable with batteries available through Supply unit does work of course even if the particular batteries we bring are not directly replaceable.

Tom Horne

I recall 'bookmarking' the Litt site when @bykfixer mentioned them once, and when I checked the site I noted they sell a AA Mini tailcap switch that my 3-cell converted Mini has so desperately needed its whole life to be practically usable for me:)

cave dave

Flashlight Enthusiast
I saw this light the other day that takes 18650 Li-ion or D cell or 3x AA cells, and thought that would be great for emergencies.

Doesn't seem to be in stock.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Yup, when uncle Sam is payin' for the batteries....

I think it was knucklegary who reccomended Litt. They're a good outfit.
I bought a busta-glass cap from them for my Maglite ML150 because it has a cap that goes over it to make it like a regular tailcap when not needed. I think they have it listed for the ML25 or perhaps the ML50 but all three use the same tailcap.
Hadn't tried the minimag upgrades though.

Last edited:
I didn't think about FEMA-supplied batteries as a limiting factor in light selection, but...challenge accepted. :cool:

Take a look at these...each is multi-fuel capable, including AA and/or D cells.

1678872448739.png

1678872702207.png

1678872963273.png

1678872978762.png

The 1D Flashlight Kit is sold out as of March 2023, however...Maratac may be able to "find" some for you since yours appears to be a worthy cause. It can't hurt to ask. That noted, I have one of each of these, and they also work with single lithium-ion cells; 18500 for the 1C version [requires a small sleeve to eliminate battery rattle], and 26650 for the 1D model. Frankly I prefer the 1C version because it fits nicely in the hand, and the output of 3xAA cells works well for almost all use scenarios.

Something to consider...