Convoy c8+ or m21a?

c.n.still07

Newly Enlightened
I have an S2 and an m1 and I like these lights for the money. My only problem is a lot of time you have to interpret the characteristics because there isn't much description. Looking at something with a little more throw this time. What would you recommend?

US $21.04 | Black Convoy C8+ with XPL HI LED,copper DTP board and ar-coated inside,new firmware

US $22.42 | Convoy M21A with luminus sst40 ,copper DTP board and ar-coated inside, Temperature protection management, up to 2300lm

Last edited by a moderator:

archimedes

Flashaholic
Hello and welcome to CPF

Your post above has been approved, in lightly edited form. The commercial links were removed, however, and we appreciate your understanding.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've got the older M1, M2, C8, S2 and a few S2+ jobbies with one being a modded triple.

They're inexpensive enough to try them all!

I don't know the M21, but the C8 pattern is a classic and everybody should own one, IMO. A little too big to EDC, but enough reach to see some things at a distance without lugging around a monster light.

Chris

Last edited:

QMT93

Enlightened
I have the C8+ XPL HI. It feels good in the hand, but can be cumbersome as an EDC if you don't have a place to keep it for easy access. 18650 battery, brightness drops over time.

I don't have the M21A, but as far as I read, it runs on 21700. That battery should give you more run time.

If you want a 1x21700 thrower, the L21A, the 21700 single-cell version of the L2, should be on your list. Bigger head than the C8+, but should throw better, and run longer.

Hope this helps.

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk