• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Convoy L2vn - Budget Quality Thrower R

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
pics of u21 and l2 bodies side by side, and also beamshots side by side would be nice too.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here you go. U21vn xpl PDT.. L2vn sst40 dedome.

I did the heat test on l2vn during summer. As you can see, the room temperature was around 90 Fahrenheit.. this light maintain 5 minutes straight turbo without step down or flickering.. this light might even run turbo longer in the colder weather.. the price also went down to $100.. I also feel it is unnecessary to get an extension.. it will look awkward because this is a thrower light.. you want to make it as compact as possible..

Sst40 dedome tint maintain cool unlike xpl PDT, and hot spot is bigger than u21vn.

Last edited:

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks nl. The beams look almost identical other than the tint. I would have expected a brighter spill from the l2vn.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
I imagine thin dome will be slightly better tint than dedomed?

Nice to see it make the XPL PDT look green. I think mine is greenish as well, which I don't like.

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
My L2vn ramps very heavily down from turbo pretty fast, almost like a Zebralight. Is there a thermal regulator in vn4 that the U21 did not have?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not mine.. I have a l2 run liitokala 26650 unprotected.. no step down.. which battery r u using?

twistedraven

Flashlight Enthusiast
With both a basen IMR 26650 and an LG IMR 18650 I get the same thing. It's a slow and very smooth ramp down to like 10% over a minute or so.

Some quick impressions of the SST-40 shaved dome (or thin dome) in the L2vn compared to the XPL PDT in the U21vn.

The SST-40 has a cleaner cool white tint than the XPL when both are at max output. The XPL looks slightly warmer and greener in comparison. At lower outputs, the XPL PDT has a warmer and more creamy tint than the SST-40, which turns pretty green at lower outputs.

The SST-40 has less of a corona around it. I get a very defined hotspot with some rings around the SST-40, and a slightly less defined hotspot with more a of a bright and 'cloudy' corona around the XPL.

Last edited:

QMT93

Enlightened
Hi guys,

Do you guys have run time on max output of this light with 1x26650, and 2x26650? How long before the step down, and how hot does it get?

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk