- Apr 2, 2016
- Ontario, Canada
Good evening. A few questions if you could assist.
1. Could someone assist me with either the best place to buy a Convoy L6 from the UK or EU, or failing that the best place to purchase it from overseas? (PM me due to rules)
2. Furthermore, same question regarding 26650 batteries for it (Keepower 5200mAh seem to be the recommended cell to use) (As above)
3. Does anyone know if the clear reflector version is out yet and what sort of lux improvement it gives?
4. The adverts all quote the lm figures for the standard CW variant. Anyone know what the lm will be for the NW version?
5. Since the L6 came out, has another flashlight at the same price point / style come along that can do the job better or is this still the one to go for? (i.e plunger, capable at both flood and throw, sub $100)
I think it's ok to post where to buy things as long as we don't add a link? This info is posted around CPF so I hope it's ok to post it all together here.
You can buy the Convoy L6 directly from the Convoy Manufacturer (Simon) at "Shenzhen Convoy Electronics Co., Ltd." store on AliExpress.com. I don't see the smooth reflector available yet on the site but it looks like he has a silver L6 now (as well as the black).
It can also be found at GearBest or Banggood or "Adventure Sport Flashlights".
See Adventure Sport Flashlight if you want a modified L6 (driver boost and/or de-dome emitter). The owner of this store is also on CPF and talks about a smooth reflector and power boost in this thread : http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?422390-Convoy-L6-Mod-How-to-double-your-lux!!
I'm sure there are other places you can buy the light but I'm not aware of them.
See post #37 in this thread for where to buy the newest short Keeppower 26650 batteries for the L6. Simon from Convoy says to use these batteries. He sells them too but he doesn't ship batteries to Canada. You can check his site to see if he ships batteries to your country.
I haven't found the exact lumen output for the NW version but isn't it usually 10% less output than the CW (I think)?
I've looked at so many lights I can't even count them all. The Convoy L6 is the only one under $100.00 that's good quality with high lumen output. Everyone loves it. I haven't seen one complaint. I will watch this thread to see if anyone posts another light because I'd be interested in buying that one too, if it comes in NW (and if it's good quality, of course).
I have my Convoy L6 here with me but I'm still waiting for the batteries to arrive.
I don't know as much about this light as some other people so maybe other's will chime in to help you out too.