• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Convoy M1vn Flare

MAD777

Flashlight Enthusiast
My son bought this M1vn (70.2) and showed it to me tonight! Wow!
Sure it's unbelievable lumens in a small package, but what blew me away is how long you can run this on turbo and not get hot!

The M1vn has to win a gold metal in the lowest heat - highest lumen - smallest size category!
Betcha didn't know that was a category ;)

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
My son bought this M1vn (70.2) and showed it to me tonight! Wow!
Sure it's unbelievable lumens in a small package, but what blew me away is how long you can run this on turbo and not get hot!

The M1vn has to win a gold metal in the lowest heat - highest lumen - smallest size category!
Betcha didn't know that was a category ;)

i thought it's not good for a light to not get hot? Means bad heat transfer and heat build up is at the insides killing the led. I maybe wrong. Can someone with more experience than me chime in. Because that is great if a light this small can keep its output for so long.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
i thought it's not good for a light to not get hot? Means bad heat transfer and heat build up is at the insides killing the led. I maybe wrong. Can someone with more experience than me chime in. Because that is great if a light this small can keep its output for so long.

You are right but convoys in general just have lots of mass relative to its peers. The extra mass greatly helped.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anyone on the fence for this light...? Well, I hope I can get you up and over with what I'm about to say. I just received this light today, and boy is this truly a pocket rocket! Let me start by saying we all know vinh is conservative with his numbers. But this light was more than just a little off. I'm getting close to 5700 lumens at start up with purple efest and aspire cells! This thing is a beastly lil thing. It's almost identical to my mm15vn! That's one of the first popcan lights vinh produced. The light does throw quite well considering the op reflector and emitter choice. Now I'm very confident the xhp 50.2
will be a hot seller now also. The extra throw will be very nice in a light like this now that the 70.2 version is 5000 lumens. Even though vinh got 3000 lumens in the convoy c8vn, it's probably close to 4000 lumens. I'm surprised this doesn't have a R to it.
The 50.2 version just might....

crashunit007

Newly Enlightened
Hey Vin, long time no post, but I was wondering if this mod fits the newer version of this host? The convoy M2, which I like/love a lot more and is my favorite convoy pocket rocket host/flashlight. Or if not, can u mod the M2 the same way as well? Thanks!

AO 17

Newly Enlightened
I received my first Vinh 54 light yesterday the convoy m1vn and I absolutely love it. The 4000 lumens convoy is making my job easier, don't have to bend and twist around objects to get close with a flashlight. I stand back and the light is capable of reaching the areas I need to see, it's saving my back for sure. Oh also got the copper worm vn and absolutely love it. I find myself pulling out my car keys to use it at work as well.

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
I received my first Vinh 54 light yesterday the convoy m1vn and I absolutely love it. The 4000 lumens convoy is making my job easier, don't have to bend and twist around objects to get close with a flashlight. I stand back and the light is capable of reaching the areas I need to see, it's saving my back for sure. Oh also got the copper worm vn and absolutely love it. I find myself pulling out my car keys to use it at work as well.

Good stuff. Congratulations on your new light. And cheers to less back aches. :twothumbs

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Just an update:

I got a couple of sample coming back for reliability issues. I am not quite sure what it is yet but I stopped production in the meantime. Will update when I get a chance check those out.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
Has no one ordered a 50.2 version yet? We're all curious to see the difference between the two. I know I am. If there has been a buyer, vinh can you update on skylumen the lux and lumen numbers. It only shows the 70.2 which is 4000 lumens and 28kcd.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Has no one ordered a 50.2 version yet? Nope We're all curious to see the difference between the two. I know I am. If there has been a buyer, vinh can you update on skylumen the lux and lumen numbers. It only shows the 70.2 which is 4000 lumens and 28kcd. Sure will. I will give $20 discount to whoever ever wants to be the guinea pig.

b8llzblue

Flashlight Enthusiast
I"ll take it!
now I will have both versions.
emailing you now

Last edited: