CooYoo Quantum Titanium, few pics and test

Budda

Enlightened
I also had the same issue, and I solved It keeping the head more loosened. Now each time before wearing it, I untwist it and press the head against the body with my thumb, to check if a strong pressure could still make contact and discharge the light.
The bigger o-ring is a solution. Keep in mind that a bigger oring means bigger work on the small threads of the light.
I'll recommend a not too big oring, expecially on the soft titanium models like mines.

Last edited:

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Picked mine o rings up on e'bay. Bag of 10 for not much money. 4.5 x 1mm I got. They take a bit of stretching to get on but once there, work well. You could also get some 5mm on the same order just in case.
I also use motorcycle chain lube on the threads as it is really thick and results in a nice smooth turn with resistance.

magellan

Honorary Aussie
My Brass CooYoo just arrived today and sadly it doesn't work :( I've tried multiple charged 10180 batteries and nothing gets even the faintest output. The usb charger led comes on when I plug the body in but that's the only sign of life in it.
I don't suppose anyone has any ideas on things to try to bring it to life?

Time to find out what GearBest's customer service is like!

That sucks. I don't know if this will help, but one time a small light I just bought, don't recall the exact model at this point, but I remember it was a twisty type like the CooYoo. Anyway, I tried 3 different batteries and it was dead. So I gave it a little rap against a wooden cutting board and presto, it came on. This has happened to me at least once before with a twisty. Don't know what causes this, all I can say is that sometimes twisty's are a little finicky, but anyway, giving it that little rap worked.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Magellan. You should have read 2 posts down. His problem was fixed. He hadn't taken out the battery isolator tag they put in for isolating the cell while shipping.

stephenk

Enlightened
Received my SS version today. Much smaller than I was expecting (much shorter than my LED Lenser K2), and a nice neutral(ish) tint.
The only "issue" is that during the twist, there is a long period of flickering low mode light before it reaches a point where the light is constant. Is this normal? (I've not owned a twisty before).

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not normal. It may be that the contacts are a bit grubby. Give the ends of your cell a good rub against something to clean off any tarnish and try again.

BigJoeXXL

Newly Enlightened
Received my SS version today. Much smaller than I was expecting (much shorter than my LED Lenser K2), and a nice neutral(ish) tint.
The only "issue" is that during the twist, there is a long period of flickering low mode light before it reaches a point where the light is constant. Is this normal? (I've not owned a twisty before).
I receive mine just the other day and having the exact same issue with the twist flickering.

Luter

Enlightened
This is identical to "Black Water Kite" and they do it also in aluminium.
DSC_0001.jpgDSC_0002.jpgDSC_0004.jpg
this aluminium one cost £12 shipped.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does it flicker from off to low or from low to high. ie: does it get brighter when flickering or darker ?

Oh, and did you also clean the contacts above the charge port? The brass 'nub'.

Last off, I found on one of mine that some bits were caught in the head under the flexible hi/low plate. A blast of air cleaned that out.

Last edited:

stephenk

Enlightened
Does it flicker from off to low or from low to high. ie: does it get brighter when flickering or darker ?

Oh, and did you also clean the contacts above the charge port? The brass 'nub'.

Last off, I found on one of mine that some bits were caught in the head under the flexible hi/low plate. A blast of air cleaned that out.

Thanks for the advice. I cleaned all the contacts. However, I haven't tried the blast of air trick . I'll try that one now...

maukka

Enlightened
The Blackwater Kite rebranded one arrived today in stainless steel. What an amazing output for the size. Here's a spectral plot.

h4cynrB.png

Couple more for comparison.

http://imgur.com/a/Fe5Jh

Last edited:

ven

Flashaholic
Congrats maukka , mine is always with me !

No pic was not taken whilst driving !! Sat in car on a car park....

I thought the tint would be around 5500k at a guess and not far out, really like it for a cool.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
That looks like a lot of weight hanging on the ingnition. Iknow lots of pepole that have destroyed the ignition switch because they had too mutch stuff (weight) hangin. Not a cheap repair.

Got one cooyou in blued ti. liked it so mutch that i had to order one in copper too :) No pwm on this tiny bugger. Have drop tested mine, hozed down in the shower, and drop tested it into a bucket of water. Seems drop and waterproof. It kicked my tain p0 off the keychain.

ven

Flashaholic
:laughing: its not as bad as it looks and thats thinned down !

I have a ti as well but not used yet.........Like the ss for the extra bit of durability on key chains(not that ti is bad, just ss seems more forgiving)

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
My second one arrived today. The finish on the copper looked awful. Head and tailcap looked kind of ok, but the tube looked bad and matte. After 3 minutes with a dremel and some metal polish, it's a gem :)
IMG_0383_zpshbfuvc6m.jpg