Cordless power tools

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
.. a brushless cordless recip saw is one of those tools you can really use especially if you live in a house and have to care for a yard. I've used a circular cordless saw on trees they are good for some things but nowhere near as versatile as a recip saw is. The advantage of a circ saw is the blade spins one direction instead of 2 directions the recip saw does which on smaller limbs you have to hold onto the limb with a good grip else it will shake it out of your hand.

+

Quick followup on my DeWalt compact recip saw; Used it Monday evening with a carbide nail embedded wood 9" blade (6/9 TPI)

All I can say is that out of all my tools, not including my Stihl blower __ it is the most useful tool I own.
Was able to get into overgrown areas and just have at it :devil: & put waste to some things that needed to go away.

True joy in doing what could have been a real hassle.

It slots perfectly between a chain saw & bladed brushcutter = FTW

bykfixer

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
A37-C007-F-621-F-442-B-B91-C-293-FED5-A399-E.jpg

This has been my most used so far.
Found a shady spot to chill after cutting grass and have a gentle breeze blowing when Mother Nature's fan takes a break.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

If anyone is considering a simple chainsaw, this is a super deal factoring in the 4Ah 40V battery & charger included.
(I have one & it was the first Greenworks 40V tool I purchased years ago)

.. it is brushless

Greenworks-Cordless-Chainsaw-Included-

{{ Deal has ended }}

Last edited:

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
oh HD is known for restocking returns unchecked, i had it happen to me more than once. i'm opening every box now before i pay for it. i had wrong faucet in a box, a tool set with missing tools,... they have a great no question return policy, but it has it's downside, if you are buying things.

Scotty321

Newly Enlightened
On occasion I've had to check to make sure someone didn't either take or not put back (in the case of a return) hardware needed for the main item included in the box. I can't remember if this situation was evident at all of the larger hardware stores I go to (i.e. Menards, Lowe's, and HD). I do remember seeing some bags of screws on the rack that had a peice or two taken out.

Lately this has been more of a concern with items that I try to pick out online and find they only have one or two in stock anywhere within 50 miles of my location... and usually those one or two in stock are either opened or retaped shut by the store.

alpg88

Flashlight Enthusiast
I do not remember if i told this story before, so i'll tell again, a funny story about walmart and return, i bought rubber boots from a walmart, did not try them on in the, the size was right, i had a pair like that before so i figured i'll be ok, big mistake, lol when i tried to put them on, several weeks later, turns out both were left, lol, someone swapped boots from several pairs. so i want beck to the store and returned, no issues got refund, walked away, several week later i was in the same store looking for something else, and there was my pair, with both left boots, sitting on the shelf waiting for another sucker to buy them,

idleprocess

Flashaholic
I do not remember if i told this story before, so i'll tell again, a funny story about walmart and return, i bought rubber boots from a walmart, did not try them on in the, the size was right, i had a pair like that before so i figured i'll be ok, big mistake, lol when i tried to put them on, several weeks later, turns out both were left, lol, someone swapped boots from several pairs. so i want beck to the store and returned, no issues got refund, walked away, several week later i was in the same store looking for something else, and there was my pair, with both left boots, sitting on the shelf waiting for another sucker to buy them,
I feel like this is an example of the $1/$10/$100 failure to resolve a problem business dilemma.

TL;DR version:
  1. The first person to come across and recognize a problem can fix it for $1 - they know exactly what the problem is and can fix it promptly
  2. The second person to come across a problem when the first person failed to recognize or can't fix it costs $10 - they don't instinctively recognize the problem, might not know how to fix it, and might need assistance to fix it
  3. The third person to come across the problem is likely a customer and fixing it now costs $100 - The customer will interface with customer service, there will be refunds, RMAs, the involvement of teams of people, and some level of hurt to the customer relationship
I'm going to guess that the clerk at walmart was hampered by a set of rules that incentivized processing returns quickly along with poor communication. Getting you out of line so the next customer service issue could be handled was more important than properly noting the reason for return. There was also likely a handoff problem where the disposition of the merchandise was not properly noted and the person who had to sort returns wasn't informed or didn't notice the mismatch (and likely RMA) and reshelved it ... or there were incentives not to RMA it.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

If anyone is looking for a backup power supply, this is an absolute steal at 50% off or $180!
..one very important spec is the charging rate,, this one lists 6A @ 22V or around 125W if solar charging ect.

that's really good.💡

you may have to make a 5.5x2.5mm 'solar connector',, that's the fun stuff anyway

(no, I'm not compensated for listing this,, fake reviews should be considered fraud)

scout24

Staff member
As a homeowner, not a tradesman, I've picked up quite a few Ryobi One batteries and tools. This is one of the great accessories they have: dual usb and a 150 watt inverter a/c outlet that snaps onto their batteries. Combined with my 12v DC charger, it's a handy combo...

20210822_084823.jpg

idleprocess

Flashaholic
As a homeowner, not a tradesman, I've picked up quite a few Ryobi One batteries and tools. This is one of the great accessories they have: dual usb and a 150 watt inverter a/c outlet that snaps onto their batteries. Combined with my 12v DC charger, it's a handy combo...
I've used that inverter a few times now for WFH during power outages - power the laptop charger off of the AC side, phone for tethering off of the USB port. A couple of 4Ah batteries could run my setup pretty much all day.