Cordless power tools

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Not power tools but ordered same time. Knipex adjustable wrench. Already been useful and only had 3 days. Force is 10x when gripping, so can actually use them on round objects. But the larger were ideal for securing 27mm bolts on pipe clamps(dust extraction). Normal adjustable is a little too bulky to fit in between nuts.

H7Ptxh5

orbital

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

7 or 8 years ago I bought a Hitachi brushless drill (actually on my kitchen counter right now)
good unit.
Have a couple new batteries for it and an extra charger..

A few years ago Hitachi changed their name to a specific North America branding Called Metabo
100% Hitachi, just a different name.

Thought I'd see if I could use my extra batteries in something new,, well I stumbled on this brand new brushless impact driver 'factory sealed in box' for $68
tool only version

Has 1832 In./lbs of torque// various speeds & modes ect..

If anything, could be a great gift (y)

Last edited:
H

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had bought a 18 volt Milwaukee Fuel Sawzall right before I got laid off from the electrical trade followed by several health issues that haven’t allowed me to really work since. I had a Ridgid permanent magnet motor 5th Gen and a Brushless Ridgid Sawzall as well which my family and I have been using up to this point. They worked fine and had plenty of power for big cuts but the front end ends up vibrating off after awhile. They are also pretty heavy and don’t have any hook to let you rest them on something. We rented a boomlift to clear out a lot of overhanging branches that were growing into dangerous locations. Some of the work had to be done with a Stihl gas chainsaw, but that Milwaukee Sawzall was very useful for the rest. With the price of gas now, using that thing when possible instead of a gas chainsaw saves some money.

Lynx_Arc

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I use a recip saw also for limb cutting, I rarely bother with my electric pole saw as it is corded. Having to deal with cords takes up a lot of time rolling them out and putting them away and getting hung up on things along with not having to worry about accidentally cutting the cord which I did with a corded hedge trimmer one time.
I think the one issue with using a recip saw is blades. Finding the right blade at a decent price and not wearing them out too quickly can help save on gas for sure but a chain saw doesn't use even close to a gallon of gas to cut a large branch while a wood cutting blade can cost more than a gallon of gas and if it is used really hard it can basically overheat the blade and cause the teeth to become more brittle and wear out. As long as you are cutting softer and smaller woods the blades should last well, but harder and thicker woods may dull a blade

H

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I saw one of those drills hanging on the wall at a Cracker Barrel.

Lynx_Arc

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have a push drill that works well for drilling holes and I think a screwdriver that is a push type also that isn't that easy to use sometimes. I remember the days prior to cordless screwdrivers where your arm got very strong screwing things in and out by hand. I was always taking things apart then and got to where I could do it quickly.

Poppy

Poppy

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
AH, Good deal Chance!!!

Years ago I borrowed a drop spreader from a neighbor, and proceeded to fertilize my lawn. I pushed it on one direction, moved it over and pulled it in the other direction, moved it over and pushed it... repeat. I made nice straight rows.

A couple of weeks later I noted that I had nice neat, varying rows of 6 inch grass, and 3-4 inch grass!

I laughed when I discovered that a drop spreader only drops in the pushing direction. I guess my lawn was starving for some nutrition, because the difference was dramatic.

Chauncey Gardiner

Chauncey Gardiner

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
AH, Good deal Chance!!!

Years ago I borrowed a drop spreader from a neighbor, and proceeded to fertilize my lawn. I pushed it on one direction, moved it over and pulled it in the other direction, moved it over and pushed it... repeat. I made nice straight rows.

A couple of weeks later I noted that I had nice neat, varying rows of 6 inch grass, and 3-4 inch grass!

I laughed when I discovered that a drop spreader only drops in the pushing direction. I guess my lawn was starving for some nutrition, because the difference was dramatic.

HA! This bag provides twice the listed coverage. 😀