Corona Virus... the second wave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tejasandre

Flashlight Enthusiast
Seems every place was going to air drying like a dyson prior to the pandemic. Lots of no towels facilities.

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
That should be standard. I think they usually go into the bathroom to avoid "main traffic". You could knock someone out in the hallway, especially if you're holding your breath and making a quick escape.

I've been in some bathrooms that have no door on them they just have it so it winds around the corner so that people can't peek in there without walking in 6 feet or so.

It's not the pee I'm worried about, that's sterile. Nether regions are breeding grounds for nasties. There's a reason the advent of germ theory and an understanding of the necessity of handwashing in 1870s slashed communicable disease transmission. It's like wearing your mask; it shows respect to everyone around to wash after using the restroom. Anyways, bathroom etiquette is beyond the scope of this thread, but please practice good hygiene, for all of us.

A long time ago, in a place right down the street, I was about to treat myself to a cup of some expensive ice cream when I noticed the employee placing her thumb inside the cup as she took it from the shelf. As she turned around to scoop my choice I informed her that I didn't want that cup because she had placed her finger into it. She immediately denied doing so. When I reassured her that she did, she asked me in a very dismissive tone - "Do you want another cup?"

Holding up my hand :thumbsup: I retorted - "I'll make you a deal, if you'll lick my thumb, I'll eat ice cream from that cup."

Her visceral reaction was to exclaim - :eeew:

I said - "Exactly."

Last edited:

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Holding up my hand :thumbsup: I retorted - "I'll make you a deal, if you'll lick my thumb, I'll eat ice cream from that cup."
I would have mentioned another part of my anatomy instead of my thumb, but well-played. Also, if people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom, licking their thumb would for all intents and purposes be equivalent to licking said part of their anatomy. One of the first things my mom taught me after "potty training" was washing my hands. To this day it grosses me out seeing guys leaving after doing #2 without washing their hands.

Poppy

Flashaholic
I fully agree that after doing number #2 that everyone should wash his/her hands.

Now I can only speak for the male population.
If I am working on my car, and my hands are dirty, and greasy, I'll wash my hands BEFORE I unzip and pee.
Why don't I do that ALL the Time? I don't know.
My underparts were cleaned in my morning shower, and then wrapped in a double layer of cotton with tighty whities, and then covered with slacks. So.... they are clean!

My hands have been exposed all day to dirty things, keyboard, door knobs, arm chairs, steering wheel, etc... they are dirty.

I'll routinely wash my hands after urinating, and while washing my hands ponder... Why after, and not before?

markr6

Flashaholic
Also, if people don't wash their hands after using the bathroom, licking their thumb would for all intents and purposes be equivalent to licking said part of their anatomy.

Yet so many dog owners think it's cute when their dog "kisses" them. Do you not see what they've been licking all day? So you're basically licking that. And the "dogs mouths are cleaner than humans" defense doesn't work. Maybe technically with an experiment in a petri dish counting bacteria, but I'm still not a buyer.

turbodog

Flashaholic
In my state the numbers continue to improve. They are more or less in 'free fall', the daily rate is dropping so quickly that my projection model is more or less broken right now.

Our daily new rate is as low as it's EVER been. Hospital availability is rebounding. Deaths are still high, but off their peak.

And I leave in 20 minutes for shot #2. More anecdotal reports are coming in that the second one results in fever/aches for a day or two.

markr6

Flashaholic
In my state the numbers continue to improve. They are more or less in 'free fall', the daily rate is dropping so quickly that my projection model is more or less broken right now.

Our daily new rate is as low as it's EVER been. Hospital availability is rebounding. Deaths are still high, but off their peak.

And I leave in 20 minutes for shot #2. More anecdotal reports are coming in that the second one results in fever/aches for a day or two.

Good luck with the next one! Has to feel good to get that settled and out of the way. Do they provide any info on coming back in a year or so? Or maybe it's too early for anyone to really know.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast

I'm getting the 2nd Pfizer on Sunday and had fever/aches for 30 hrs. after the first one.

Update: Back to normal after about 30 hrs. of body aches and fatigue

Last edited:

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
do them face sheilds help?
I think they do reduce the possibility of being infected by direct wind based virus particles (coughs, sneezes, talking to you) but those particles/droplets that float in the air can go around the shield such that if the air is saturated their effectiveness is probably less than masks are. People I think wear the shields because they have respiratory issues or psychological issues or have people that lip read or may think people can hear what they say better or... they have beautiful faces that they don't want to hide :p
I've rarely seen people wear both a mask and a face shield perhaps because together they would more restrict breathing and in warmer weather could be uncomfortably hot after awhile. I've worn both a dust mask and face shield before and when you are exerting yourself it is very tiring.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Good luck with the next one! Has to feel good to get that settled and out of the way. Do they provide any info on coming back in a year or so? Or maybe it's too early for anyone to really know.

No info.

1st shot was rough. Think it's because they thought my arm was a whale they needed to harpoon. Was really sore almost immediately and for 2-3 days.

2nd shot was a complete non-event, at least so far. Can't even feel where it went in.

raggie33

*the raggedier*
No info.

1st shot was rough. Think it's because they thought my arm was a whale they needed to harpoon. Was really sore almost immediately and for 2-3 days.

2nd shot was a complete non-event, at least so far. Can't even feel where it went in.
i truly hate needles. i keep wondering is that a new needle!

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Reminds me of what happened to me in grade school. The school nurse was giving vaccinations. Don't remember for what. It could have been polio, smallpox, whatever. Anyway, she jabs my arm like she was giving a shot of antibiotics to a cow, basically with her hand wrapped around the syringe, thrusting it in. I think she may have hit bone. I was screaming in pain. All I know is after that I was deathly afraid of needles. Next time it was vaccination day, it took three people to hold me down while they were giving the shot. At least that time it wasn't anything worse than a pin prick.

jtr1962

Flashaholic
Texas and California have now both joined NY in the 40K+ deaths category. California is actually poised to overtake NY as #1 in deaths today or tomorrow. I normally would cheer my state for being #1 in something, but in this case I'm happy we're relinquishing the crown to someone else.

turbodog

Flashaholic
Texas and California have now both joined NY in the 40K+ deaths category. California is actually poised to overtake NY as #1 in deaths today or tomorrow. I normally would cheer my state for being #1 in something, but in this case I'm happy we're relinquishing the crown to someone else.

I have not done math lately. Which is highest per capita?

Ok, just did the math. Top 10 per capita death rates so far:

Rate State Deceased State Population

0.249% New Jersey 22,103 8,882,190
0.233% New York 45,301 19,453,561
0.219% Massachusetts 15,124 6,892,503
0.213% Mississippi 6,342 2,976,149
0.212% Rhode Island 2,248 1,059,361
0.205% Connecticut 7,298 3,565,287
0.204% South Dakota 1,809 884,659
0.197% Louisiana 9,162 4,648,794
0.196% Arizona 14,286 7,278,717
0.187% North Dakota 1,427 762,062

Forum does not allow tab stops, so the formatting is terrible.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.