corporate give away flash lights

batmanacw

Enlightened
I am considering buying a quantity of Deal Extreme lights for giving away to customers.

The:
UltraFire C3 Cree 1xAA 1x14500 Flashlight (with Holster)

These lights look plenty simple and have a stippled reflector which is absolutely required for the type of work they are needed for. They also have smooth bezels with lots of room for a big logo wrapped around the head.

My problem is finding a company that can laser etch our logo on the lights in small batches. I will probably only order 20 or so at a time. They get pretty cheap with higher volume purchases.

Does anyone know of a company that can personalize stuff like this?

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I am considering buying a quantity of Deal Extreme lights for giving away to customers.

The:
UltraFire C3 Cree 1xAA 1x14500 Flashlight (with Holster)

These lights look plenty simple and have a stippled reflector which is absolutely required for the type of work they are needed for. They also have smooth bezels with lots of room for a big logo wrapped around the head.

My problem is finding a company that can laser etch our logo on the lights in small batches. I will probably only order 20 or so at a time. They get pretty cheap with higher volume purchases.

Does anyone know of a company that can personalize stuff like this?

I would hesitate giving away lights that take lithium ion batteries to people that are not already set up or knowledgable about them myself unless it can also use standard AAs also.

batmanacw

Enlightened
I would hesitate giving away lights that take lithium ion batteries to people that are not already set up or knowledgable about them myself unless it can also use standard AAs also.

Uh??????? Yeah. Me too........?

My question more pertains to companies who can customize them.

Robin24k

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you looked into the Mini Maglite LEDs? Maglite can do the engraving. Plus, it's a more recognizable brand and comes with lifetime warranty, so it'll leave a better impression for your company.

batmanacw

Enlightened
Have you looked into the Mini Maglite LEDs? Maglite can do the engraving. Plus, it's a more recognizable brand and comes with lifetime warranty, so it'll leave a better impression for your company.

beam quality is a joke. The stippled reflector is a critical part of the equation. Beam smoothness is key for what they will be used for.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Build quality is something else you need to consider. If you buy Ultrafire from Dealextreme, expect problems.

njet212

Enlightened

+1

If you looking for simple, afforadable and quality light take a look on ITP A3 XPG R5 version ( using 1xAAA ) or ITP A2 ( using 1xAA ). I have ITP A3 XPG R5, it's excelent light, they're very popular here arround CPF.

bedazzLED

Enlightened
Another light you might want to look at is the Romisen RC-G2. It's available from a number of dealers, about the same price, runs on a single AA, solid little performer and pretty good build quality-wise. I have used these as give-away's for a while and they are great. Does not have a holster but you can grab holsters for next to nothing.

Or if you want to go a little more expensive for a whole lot better light, go the Fenix E05?

joe1512

Enlightened
Guys, the light in question uses a single AA battery. It can ALSO use a 14500 (AA-form factor lithium) but it certainly does not have to, nor does it come with such a battery.

The only potential issue is that the light might be significantly dimmer with a 1.2V rechargable AA or 1.5 Alkaline if it is tuned to work with a 4.2V lithium. But if the OP has already tried out the light and likes it, then Im sure it will work fine.