Could you compare a SureFire E-series bodies, Lumens Factory E2 Classic Gen 1, and Weltool BB3 body+TC59 tailcap?

QMT93

Enlightened
Hi,

If you have lights and/or parts from at least two of these three brands: SureFire, Lumens Factory, and Weltool, how would you describe their build quality against each other/one another? Particularly, I'd love a comparison among these brands in the E-series line: SureFire E-series lights, Lumens Factory E2 Classic Gen 1, and Weltool BB3 body+TC tailcap.

To my understanding, I can only buy used genuine SureFire parts, if I'm lucky. The closest, and most popular, alternative I know is Lumens Factory. I've read a lot of praises for this brand.

I also read about Weltool, and its positively notorious LEP line. I'm curious how it fairs with the aforementioned brands, as I haven't found any comparisons.

For reference, I tried a Malkoff MD2 old, and new, body, a Convoy C8+, and a Fourseven MMX-360. If a direct comparison among SureFire, Lumens Factory, and Weltool, is unattainable, I'd love your input on how they fair with any, and all, of the lights I've had the chance to use.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely,

QMT93

Last edited:

euroken

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know nothing about Weltool. Didn't even know they made SF compatible parts :D Pretty cool that they have e-head C/P-tail.

Regardless, unless the Surefire E series is bored to accept 18350, you're going to feel much more robustness in Surefire body, unbored, than other bodies, simply because of the compatible dimensional constraints.

With that said, and the fact that genuine Surefire e series just aren't that readily available, my full support goes to Lumens Factory. Mark is a master at his craft.

QMT93

Enlightened
That makes a lot of sense. I tried the MD2, and I must admit I still can't find anything close to its hefty feeling of quality.

Thank you for your thoughtful explanation!