Fenix CP30R - any news?

sledhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Any update available on the big lantern? Looking forward to the big guy!

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We got the release schedule from Fenix about 2 weeks ago and they are showing the CP30R as "Nov/Dec." So it will be before the end of the year. There are a number of new products releasing so it should be exciting. One is an awesome titanium light.

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
We talked to Fenix last night and here's the report on this lantern:

The name of CP30R has been changed to CL30R already, expected to be released in Jan/Feb 2016.

LAMPARITA

Enlightened
I'm holding the new release schedule right now. I don't see a UC52 on the list. I see a UC01. Where did you see UC52?

When I first talked to one of the FX Store Rep, I was told that the UC52 suppose to be the updated version of the LD50??... and it supposed to be out early 2015, few months later I was told probably in the middle of the year, and the last time I asked their reply was, "It should be out by Christmas", but it looks to me such UC52 model doesn't exist?...:candle: :D

kj2

Flashaholic
I'm holding the new release schedule right now. I don't see a UC52 on the list. I see a UC01. Where did you see UC52?
2v0k8kp.jpg

KeepingItLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
@Fenix-Store:

Do you have any word about the batteries, if any, that will be included with the Fenix CL30R?

In this CPF poll, only 4% responded in favor of the same 2300mAh battery included with the CL25R. All the rest preferred 3400mAh or better, or else no battery at all.

1DaveN

Enlightened
Since it appears that Fenix Store reps are reading this thread, I have two off-topic requests:

- I would like to see updated accessory charts (which accessories fit which lights). I was looking for accessories for a PD25 yesterday, and the chart I found was from 2013.

- I wish for some better troubleshooting info. I had seen something about how to tighten a tail switch but can't find that now, and there are some how-to videos but they apply to discontinued models (can't remember if those are on Fenix Store or the US Fenix web site).

Phlogiston

Enlightened
I would like to see updated accessory charts (which accessories fit which lights). I was looking for accessories for a PD25 yesterday, and the chart I found was from 2013.

The current Fenix catalogue is available here:

http://www.fenixlight.com/Download.aspx

If you download the second half (very slow):

http://www.fenixlight.com.cn/download/Fenix -Catalog201502.pdf

you'll find an accessory compatibility table near the end, if that helps (page 55 of the catalogue / page 15 of the PDF file).

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Just got the 2016 first quarter release schedule. CL30R is listed for Jan./Feb. 16. Getting closer!

fenix store

Flashlight Enthusiast
Vendor
Thanks for your post:

1. Look at Part B of the 2016 Fenix catalog we just posted on CPF. At the end of the catalog, you will find a new chart. We also have a chart on our website...just need to update it with the newest releases. Check that next week and you should find what you need. CLICK HERE

2. Have you seen this page? CLICK HERE
Yes, we have asked Fenix to give us current troubleshooting/maintenance videos. Still waiting.
If we can ever come up for air at Fenix Store, we do have plans to create our own videos. Just takes time.

Since it appears that Fenix Store reps are reading this thread, I have two off-topic requests:

- I would like to see updated accessory charts (which accessories fit which lights). I was looking for accessories for a PD25 yesterday, and the chart I found was from 2013.

- I wish for some better troubleshooting info. I had seen something about how to tighten a tail switch but can't find that now, and there are some how-to videos but they apply to discontinued models (can't remember if those are on Fenix Store or the US Fenix web site).