CPF, a decade after!

AMD64Blondie

Flashlight Enthusiast
Here's to another decade of CPF..

(Hard to believe it's been 10 years.) I only joined in 2007,but it feels like much longer.I'm addicted,and I don't need a cure...just more lights.

(HELP!!!!)

flashfan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Happy birthday, CPF!

In re: the first ten members, DavidW should be number 1 since he originally set up the board. IIRC however, he was somehow not allowed to be #1, and the listing started at #2. I also recall reading something about Brock sort of collaborating with DavidW, and so definitely in the top ten, if not 2nd in line. I think The LED Museum was something like #11 back then.

Mr. Bulk joined after I did, and I was approx. #601 at the time. Then the board was down for awhile for upgrading and/or "repairs," and when the board came back online, Mr. Bulk was the first one to re-register, and thus became #1.

Caveat: The foregoing is based on my poor memory, so do not rely on my information...

run4jc

Flashlight Enthusiast
I missed the first 8 1/2, but that past 1 1/2 has been quite a ride. And interest continues to grow....as does the value of my collection!:eek:

Made some really good friends - and enjoy the hours I spend reading, admiring - and often, buying and selling.

Happy Anniversary CPF!! lovecpf

greenlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cheers for flashlights. I still love them. I'm still hung up on my green inova X1.v1.

Looking forward to more~!

Member 5855.

McShawn

Enlightened
As an earlier thread mentioned, i still remember moding solitaire lights and all the Arc light that i still have today. The Arc were the best at the time.

mhejl

Newly Enlightened
Same here: Happy Birth Day, CPF!

I arrived in late 2001 and the thought of all the advancements since then, well, <speechless>. Thinking of those early CPF days, the only meaningful thing still around is my Arc LS "kit" that included 3 battery tubes. That poor thing has been modded so many times I lost count. I wish I stopped there ... NOT!

I do wish our numbers would stay the same across server upgrades; if only to match my engraved Arc AAA CPF Special Edition (the first run, IIRC) which has CPF #1009 on it - and still sits next to me in my work desk drawer.

Looks like I'm now #365.

Cyclops942

Flashlight Enthusiast
Somewhere in the vicinity of Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Many thanks to all the long-term members who gave this forum its start, and also to the not-so-long-term members who keep the heart beating today. I've been around for nearly 10 years, and I have seen many changes in both the forum and the industry.

Happy 10th birthday to our community of flashlight fans, and may there be many, many happy returns!

-- original member # 116 (no prize) :wave:

Lebkuecher

Flashlight Enthusiast
Let's not forget in early years there was one individual who worked full time during the day and held this place together with not much more then shoestrings during the night. I remember many countless late night hours of frustrating upgrades as well as other problems requiring all kinds of time to workout.

Greta you are awesome and thank you for all you do!!! I truly believe without you the CPF would simply not be. I have always appreciated your dedication and commitment to the CPF.

ajktrav

Newly Enlightened
Happy birthday CPF :party:, Sorry I missed the first ten years but I'll be around for the next 10!

jrmcferren

Enlightened
Geeze and I think my four years here is a long time. While I'm not as active as I could be, I do remember the marketplace split, in fact that is the only reason my post count over there is so high.