CPF UK 2016 - THE NEW MEET UP THREAD

Essexman

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm being taken to something called "Comic Con" by my Family on that day, I'll catch up another time guys.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Went to the Star Trek convention the other weekend. ..

Jay - we want pictures. Did you see any good panels? Who were the guests (Wasn't George Takei and Will I am Shatner there???). Were you TOS, TNG, DS9, VOY or Enterprise attired????

Could you buy Tribbles? Plomeek soup? Saurian Brandy? Quadro Triticale?

Most importantly of all, how many lights did you see???

(BTW - Captain, I am NOT a Merry Man!!!)

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Is it worth tweaking the date a little? (things are getting a bit tight for me on 29th, though it is still just doable)

12th Nov or 19th Nov any good?

subwoofer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Of the two dates, the 19th is better for the moon.

On the 12th moonset is 03:54 and is an 95.8% moon.
On the 19th moonrise is 21:32 and is a 72.5% moon.

So neither is perfect, but at least on the 19th there is some time after sunset before the moon rises. On the 12th the moon is up the whole time.

Though not as good for me, the 26th is the best 'dark night' with the moon setting at 15:02 and was only 8.6% anyway. The 5th is also quite good, but I was avoiding that for a couple of reasons including fireworks.

Jay R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm easy whenever.

Lee, I was supposed to go with a friend in costume but they couldn't make it so I went by myself without bothering about the costume. Didn't get too many pics but some of the costumes were REALLY good. Yes you could buy Tribbles so I got one to go with my other 2. Not many lights but I did get some info on the new series coming out next year. I did wonder..... as it's called Star Trek Discovery, will that be STD !! Perhaps just Discovery. (Like Enterprise)
I managed to get told off and almost assalted by Councillor Troy. It's probably on YouTube by now!

Shatter is looking OLD. Was impressed by ensign Harry Kim's panel hosting skills.

Last edited:

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I managed to get told off and almost assalted by Councillor Troy. It's probably on YouTube by now!

Now that I would like to see!!!

Is the 19th good for others or the 12th Nov

I'm still waiting to hear about the 29th (I assume that's what you mean???) but I definitely can't do the 12th Nov (Also, Amberley museum is closed after the 29th).

Anyone got any thoughts?

BLUE LED

Flashlight Enthusiast
I know it's short notice, but is Saturday 29th October still ok.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think Mr Delmonte might be saying yes for me too.

Count me in by every means in my power!

Are we going to do Amberley or just meet in a pub and then find the tank???

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Jay - I'm so sorry you won't be joining us, but the Lego thing sounds good.

Here's the tally today:

Coming for Amberley during the day - Blueled, petrev and Nycto.

Meeting in Pub (The Bridge Inn - Amberley) for supper - Subwoofer.

Then we're off to Kithurst Hill to see the Canadian tank.

Previously expressed interest: Tofty, arKmm.

I have no contact for arKmm. But have PMed.

Tofty - I will try you tomorrow.

They open at 10am at Amberley Museum and shut at 5pm, it is the last open day until Christmas, and I think they have something going on in the evening too (a Halloween train event 6pm - 9pm).

But we should retire to the local pub, The Bridge Inn for evening meal etc (served 6-9) before traipsing up the South Downs Way - not very far, but stout shoes and cold weather wear is essential. Then we can light up the tank - take pics and hopefully get back to a pub for last orders (or not - we could brew up in the car park if I bring my kettle and stove).

Anyway - pipe up if you haven't already and I'll see you on Saturday.

Nyctophiliac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yay

:twothumbs

Let me know when you get to Amber Lee . ...... .

:)

I see what you did there...

I'm aiming for Amberley car park at 09:30-10:00 - meet you there or inside the museum???

Blueled will be with me.

Annoyingly my new torch won't arrive until Monday, so I'm borrowing my Son's. This is despite the fact that I only bought the thing because they promised to deliver today (Thurs). Grrrr.

Still I've got a couple of little newcomers since the last meet up.

See you there.

arKmm

Enlightened
I didn't realise I was working and left it too late to book off so I don't finish until midnight, by which time you'll all definitely be in bed!