CPF!

Greta

Flashaholic
Ryan,

WHAT says it's 9:15? The Thinking Clock on the main page?

Tell me exactly what it says right now... nothing more, nothing less... ONLY what the thinking clock says

Brock

Flashaholic
Maybe we don't need a flood control, but do they make a hack for Sabby control?
wink.gif

Darell isn't here so I had to do it...

Greta

Flashaholic
Brock,

I'm thinking of making one myself if there isn't already one..
wink.gif

(Saaby... you know we're just messin' with ya..
grin.gif
)

Greta

Flashaholic
Ok... now I AM going to bed! The clock works fine for me. I'm on Pacific Time and so is the board.

Please post here if your time is showing wrong on the main forum page. I'll fix it in the morning.

G'night all...
smile.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
Look...screenshot. Cropped but not photoshopped or anything...

time.gif

I am in the Mountain time zone, one over. You should be exactly 1 hour behind me. I think it works off my system clock, right? Is there something I need to set somewhere???

I am thinking it is a problem on my end maybe...I set my system clock to "Pacific" just for kicks and it changed "Your Time" to be the way it should, but "Board time" was still an hour behind.........
confused.gif

NO Saaby control necessary, no really!

Greta

Flashaholic
Looks like this time it wasn't Ryan...
wink.gif

I'm on Pacific time... for now! But I will be on Mountain time come fall. I'm one of those freaky Arizona people.
rolleyes.gif

Anyway, I made the adjustment on MY computer and saw what you all were seeing. So I fixed it on the board and all should be well around the world now...
grin.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Really like functioning of th CPF board now:)

p.s.-will the search function of all the categories (at once) be available as of Aug. 1st?

Greta

Flashaholic
Doug,

As far as I know... no.

This is one feature that, as far as I'm concerned, is NOT an improvement! I hate it!. I've been keeping my eye out for any kind of modifications that can change it but so far, nothing.

Trust me... as soon as this method of searching can be done away with, I will be sending it on it's way.

D

**DONOTDELETE**

how'd it go?...'and the 1st shall become last...?' or something like that? It was like a strange dream and scarecrow was there, and bushman, and bigwuss, and tinman, and Saaby, and you were there too Sasha! It's good to be back (knock wood), there's no place like CPF, there's no place like CPF...
I even tried Saaby's chat and it asked for a cookie this time - never did that before ..
What changed Sasha?
smile.gif

gotta do your own smilies now? so much to ketchup..
All I can tell is I went to the Arc site and clicked on the CPF link there and got to the ARC string, then I opened another window to see if i could get here on 'my own' and I did, but got that first page and clicked on 'candlepowerforums' and registered!!
YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYEAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!
so, new?

Greta

Flashaholic
grin.gif
Ted, I really wish I could take some credit for this but truth is...
icon3.gif
... I've been busy at work this morning and haven't had a chance to even look at CPF today. Maybe it really WAS a problem with the server?!?!
confused.gif
... I say we don't question anything at this point... just send up a "thank you" to the CPF angel
angel.gif
.... and ROCK ON!!!
buttrock.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

oh, you get Credit Sash, all the time and effort you put in to trying to track down the cause -- all the things you discovered that were NOT causing the problem!
smile.gif
--from WHERE come those tre neat smilies!!!!???
smile.gif
are they here somewhere?
oh! FABulous spell check!! my my my, what you've done with the place -- thank you .

Greta

Flashaholic
OH!... the smilies are mine. I have them on my board and I just linked to them with the image tags. I have to have smilies...
elefant.gif
And because they are hosted on MY server, they are not using CPF bandwidth...
buttrock.gif
rockband.gif
buttrock.gif

And you're welcome...
cat.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey welcome back on in Ted! I agree, musta been a server trouble cos everything`s A-OK here too. Well, I do get the horrible "Connection Refused" screen occasionally. I hate that one. So rude....
shocked.gif

Smileys? Oh yeah we have those- but not on the Quick Reply window. If you like it the old fashioned way, hit the "reply" button, it`s still there. Just now, there`s quick-reply for those who know the code and don`t want to wait for another page to load.

As for those fancy ones, they come from outside some place. One place for a wadge of cool ones is http://plauder-smilies.de (I think that`s right?).

Don`t know if it`s from that site but I like my little:
bigdrink.gif
. He just keeps on drinking and drinking and drinking. More than I can do.....

rolleyes.gif

Chris M.

Flashlight Enthusiast
Uh-oh, I see the dancing pink elephants again
shocked.gif

And I havn`t had a drink since monday! I must be too sober now.....
rolleyes.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Sabby oh man those are great, these smilies are getting funnier and funnier!..

Greta

Flashaholic
Ted... here's one for you...
coffeecup.gif

Chris... one for you...
beerchug.gif

I like these...
thumbsup.gif
notetaker.gif

And this is the one that my members added for me... they told me it suited me...
whip2.gif

Then someone got a little goofy and did this...

mooner.gif
whip2.gif

hellno3d.gif

D

**DONOTDELETE**

giggling and laughing (GAL?) Sasha! --
I see Bart is getting 3 or 4 flashes in for every one of the bare-assed smillies - Bart's been into the caffeinated colas again no doubt ..
I'll figure out how to do those some day..now I'm going to download a "IRC" which, Saaby assures me, will get me into chat...