Cringe worthy series

You are not alone.
Cheers and Night Court made me laugh out loud pretty often back in the day.

One I tried to watch was NCIS New Orleans but the acting was so bad I just couldn't make it to the end of a season.

Same here, only I didn't make it through the first show. If memory serves me, it was Scott Bakula's accent I couldn't abide.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Deep space nine:
The tonal inflections of Avery Brookes as Benjamin Sisko, drove me nuts! I just couldn't stand it. But Terry Farrell as Jadzia Dax was so pleasing to the eye, that she made up for it.

It must have been the worst of the Star Trek shows. I loved the Original series from the first time I saw the Pilot episode.

novice

Flashlight Enthusiast
The show-within-a-show concept, and execution of, 'The Brady Bunch Variety Hour'. 'Jan' opted out, so they had to come up with a 'fake Jan'. There are episodes on Youtube.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Futurama is an acquired taste. But like draft beer a whole lot of people like it.

Curb Your Enthusiasm is another one. The show about the life of Larry David has made it to season 9. I made it to episode 2 and it started to grow on me a little. Mrs Fixer by episode 3 said "where's the shotgun, I want to shoot the tv"…… so needless to say I did not make it past episode 3. Later I tried episode 4 and also wanted to shoot the tv.
Yet it seems others enjoy it.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curb Your Enthusiasm is another one. The show about the life of Larry David has made it to season 9. I made it to episode 2 and it started to grow on me a little. Mrs Fixer by episode 3 said "where's the shotgun, I want to shoot the tv"…… so needless to say I did not make it past episode 3. Later I tried episode 4 and also wanted to shoot the tv.
Yet it seems others enjoy it.
I hear you. Personally I love Larry David, but some of his episodes are pretty tough to watch, but others are comic genius.

Hooked on Fenix

Flashlight Enthusiast
Didn't say I didn't like Futurama, but a lot of things in it will definitely make you cringe. Not to be watched if you have a weak stomach or are easily offended. They push a lot of boundaries that many will be turned off by.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
I can handle regular Law & Order, keeping my wife company and spotting actors who later were in The Sopranos. But Law & Order SVU is horrible. Overacting, lousy music, and Woke everything. Nauseating.
Even worse than that, I still recall the Pro-Adult Entertainment lousy propaganda episode they did. And by "lousy" I mean so blatantly obvious that they hit the audience over the head with it. When it gets to that point, you've failed in getting your message across properly.

Last scene ends with the entertainer talking about the guys who assaulted her simply because she was an entertainer. Pointing to her numerous male co-stars, she tells one of the main characters that at least they'll stop when she tells them to. Which actually, isn't true. Numerous real, former female entertainers have done interviews in which they recalled in detail how their male co-stars wouldn't stop when they got cold feet regarding certain scenes they were filming. The industry is even sleazier and more depraved than most folks realize.

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Several years ago I got a great deal on Twin Peaks series. Saved it in a cupboard, started watching just last winter.
Liked David Lynch stuff , so it was a no-brainer, right?

After about half the series, I just couldn't take it any more,,
not edgey David Lynch
not spooky
not funny when trying to be, super corny humor
not alot of stuff

Just a very watered down, long & drawn out David Lynch film,,, in 4:3 aspect.

SCEMan

Flashlight Enthusiast
+

Several years ago I got a great deal on Twin Peaks series. Saved it in a cupboard, started watching just last winter.
Liked David Lynch stuff , so it was a no-brainer, right?

After about half the series, I just couldn't take it any more,,
not edgey David Lynch
not spooky
not funny when trying to be, super corny humor
not alot of stuff

Just a very watered down, long & drawn out David Lynch film,,, in 4:3 aspect.
Some things don't age well. I really liked it when it originally aired 33 years ago...

IMA SOL MAN

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ren and Stimpy Show
Beavis and Butt-Head
Power Rangers--ALL of them.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Inspector Gadget
Transformers--All of them.
Seinfeld
Friends

There's too many to list.