CROSSING THE LINE-"WHEN IS TOO MUCH TOO MUCH???!!!

Capolini

Banned
this thread reminds me of old anecdote.
a guy comes into sotre that sells cars, asks for a fastest one, salesguy says, "sir, we have this ferrary, if you leave now, you will be in paris by 2am. the guy goes, "no, i don't want it."
the sales guy is like " why? you asked for fastest car??", the guy says, "what am i gonna do in paris at 2am?"

What is a ferrary?? ohh you mean my ancestors car,,,,,,,,,,,,,"Ferrari"?! :)

Capolini

Banned
11484017113_130801e1dc_z.jpg

This is the fine gentlemen who turned me into a Flashaholic!!! He likes my TK75 the best because after he gets the Deers scent, I can easily spot them!! :thumbsup:

Capolini

Banned
The addiction,I mean hobby has grown again! :shakehead

Tomorrow I am getting a X10vn and I just ordered the TN32!! Now my OSTS TN31mb can meet his younger and also capable little brother! Not in size but in "Throw Monster capability! :thumbsup: :D

EDIT: TO ANSWER THE QUESTION ON MY THREAD: WHEN IS TOO MUCH TOO MUCH?

1.When I am unable to pay my bills and can not save any money.

2. If my HOBBY begins to affect my relationships with family, friends and my significant other!

so far,,,so good!:popcorn:;)

Last edited:

Razzle

Enlightened
:devil: I just ordered up a couple of Solarforce hosts, various bezels and cool tail caps. I've now graduated to DIY status.

Will get P60 modded drop-ins from Vinh/Malkoff, etc. It NEVER ends!

riccardo

Enlightened
Capo.. adesso calmati!!

Get quieter or otherwise you'll slide in the ill side of flashaholism without even realizing it.
Bills will not be a problem until they will be, same for family relations.
You'll think that's still fine, one more light afterall will not hurt anybody, but you see only (flash)lights and you'll not realize what relatives do already think about your obsession.

Dimt

Newly Enlightened
This is the fine gentlemen who turned me into a Flashaholic!!! He likes my TK75 the best because after he gets the Deers scent, I can easily spot them!! :thumbsup:

I have noticed that "walking the dog" is the prime excuse most on this forum use for getting a light.

Capolini

Banned
^+1 - I now need 3 lights to walk the dog. A floody light for navigation, a thrower to see something interesting and a backup.
Makes sense to me! :thumbsup: Great logic! :)

I am actually starting to do that! Minus my edc's and 4 or 5 torches that were beginners learning curve[!], I feel guilty if I do not use my favorite 10 or 12 torches,so I set up[graphed/documented!!!] a rotation and bringing 3 as you mentioned makes sense and makes it easier!!! lol!!

Capolini

Banned
Capo.. adesso calmati!!

Get quieter or otherwise you'll slide in the ill side of flashaholism without even realizing it.
Bills will not be a problem until they will be, same for family relations.
You'll think that's still fine, one more light afterall will not hurt anybody, but you see only (flash)lights and you'll not realize what relatives do already think about your obsession.

si, si !!!! Capito!!! [yes, yes, I understand!] ;)lovecpf

NorthernStar

Enlightened
^+1 - I now need 3 lights to walk the dog. A floody light for navigation, a thrower to see something interesting and a backup.

It´s a must to have these lights in order to complete the dogwalks!:D I might add a headlamp as well ,and then you are fully equipped! ;)

Razzle

Enlightened
It´s a must to have these lights in order to complete the dogwalks!:D I might add a headlamp as well ,and then you are fully equipped! ;)

I thought the HL was a given??

For me, the Nitecore HC50 and either the TK75vn or K40vn are musts.....with the Jetbeam TCR10vn in my pocket as backup, for any "proper" foray with the dogs.

(OP....I'm being completely serious!)

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The 3 (1 floody for navigation, 2 throw to see distance, and 3 backup) are clearly musts. The headlamp is acceptable. For walking the dog, carrying extra cells is over the line.

froggyted

Newly Enlightened
Guys, seriously. Some of you should consider selling some of your flashlights and donating some money to charity. There are millions of people in the world who struggle to get a meal each day. Nobody needs more than a handful of flashlights, imho.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
Guys, seriously. Some of you should consider selling some of your flashlights and donating some money to charity. There are millions of people in the world who struggle to get a meal each day. Nobody needs more than a handful of flashlights, imho.

I suppose you have no possessions that you could do without?

Perhaps a smaller TV, or, really, do you really NEED a TV?

Do you need a bed and furniture? Couldn't you get by with some inexpensive lawn furniture and a sleeping bag?

If you only eat once a day, you could donate what you would have spent on those two meals to charity.

:D

I just donate a potion of my income to charity and leave it at that. I use the lights for work, so, I can't afford to give them up, it would be akin to the miller selling his wheel.

yoyoman

Flashlight Enthusiast
With all due respect, your assumption that I spend all my money on flashlights and don't donate money (and time) to charity is wrong.

froggyted

Newly Enlightened
I am talking about some of the people on here who confess to having 20, 30 torches or more. One guy reckoned it could be as much as 70, some of them stored in boxes and probably never used after a day or two of being bought for the most part. No addiction is healthy, imo, it means you are no longer in control of your life. Obviously if you need your torches for work (or leisure) then you have plenty of justification for having them. Obviously it's good to have a high quality, high end tool that will perform reliably to do any job, that's why i'm on this forum in the first place. But when countless high end torches are lying unused on shelves, drawers and boxes, well that's consumerism got out of hand imo. All the tech manufacturers are milking addictive personalities: torches, cameras, smartphones, pcs, games consoles, televisions etc. etc. They deliberately hold back some of the high end technology that they could put on a product at an earlier date until the market is saturated with the old, then they milk the market again with an upgrade. Addictive personalities are manna from heaven for them.

I suppose you have no possessions that you could do without?

Perhaps a smaller TV, or, really, do you really NEED a TV?

Do you need a bed and furniture? Couldn't you get by with some inexpensive lawn furniture and a sleeping bag?

If you only eat once a day, you could donate what you would have spent on those two meals to charity.

I just donate a potion of my income to charity and leave it at that. I use the lights for work, so, I can't afford to give them up, it would be akin to the miller selling his wheel.

froggyted

Newly Enlightened
With all due respect, your assumption that I spend all my money on flashlights and don't donate money (and time) to charity is wrong.

That's great, but to be fair i didn't make any assertion that people were spending all their money on torches, and neither were my comments addressed to everybody, i used the qualifier 'some of you'. I guess i could argue that even i have more torches than i really need, because ultimately most if not everybody could probably get by with one well chosen torch. The title of the the thread is CROSSING THE LINE-"WHEN IS TOO MUCH TOO MUCH???!!! and we will inevitably all have our own demarcation lines; i am simply adding my own two cents worth, hopefully it will be food for thought for some.

riccardo

Enlightened
I am talking about some of the people on here who confess to having 20, 30 torches or more. One guy reckoned it could be as much as 70, some of them stored in boxes and probably never used after a day or two of being bought for the most part. No addiction is healthy, imo, it means you are no longer in control of your life. Obviously if you need your torches for work (or leisure) then you have plenty of justification for having them. Obviously it's good to have a high quality, high end tool that will perform reliably to do any job, that's why i'm on this forum in the first place. But when countless high end torches are lying unused on shelves, drawers and boxes, well that's consumerism got out of hand imo. All the tech manufacturers are milking addictive personalities: torches, cameras, smartphones, pcs, games consoles, televisions etc. etc. They deliberately hold back some of the high end technology that they could put on a product at an earlier date until the market is saturated with the old, then they milk the market again with an upgrade. Addictive personalities are manna from heaven for them.

Sound like you'd like to have 70 or more torches.
Those whom don't care just don't care about how others spends their money!

Latest posts