Sold/Expired Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

Status
Not open for further replies.

litho123

Enlightened
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
654
Location
Chicago Suburbia, IL
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

The latest verbal word is that about 50% are done (QC checked? - unknown).
The balance of reflectors are due this week back from Mexico and then they will go to QC.
If they pass muster, then I guess it's ready to be sent overseas.

more later...:popcorn:
 

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
1,265
Location
KAUAI
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

Thanks for the update.:whistle:
:thanks:
 
Last edited:

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 13, 2006
Messages
1,057
Location
Southern California
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

yahooooo!!!! Thanks for the info Litho



litho123 said:
The latest verbal word is that about 50% are done (QC checked? - unknown).
The balance of reflectors are due this week back from Mexico and then they will go to QC.
If they pass muster, then I guess it's ready to be sent overseas.

more later...:popcorn:
 

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
10,409
Location
CT
Carley, and your old 2.5D Mag66 GB

Litho, man is it nice to have your relationship to Carley !!! Thanks!
 

cryhavok

Enlightened
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
871
Location
Orlando, FL
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

So...were these all sold out or are there are a few extras?

I'd like one Bare Alu or Black HAIII with a SMO finished reflector and .377" bulb opening. Please advise...paypal ready
 

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
10,409
Location
CT
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

LOL...these were all sold out and the GB closed back in December. We have been waiting for delivery ever since then.
 

cryhavok

Enlightened
Joined
Nov 21, 2005
Messages
871
Location
Orlando, FL
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

hmm well my offer still stands in case anyone wants to back out and sell your spot :)
 

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
602
Location
Perth Australia
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

OK, so what's the go?

Have carley even given an ETA???
 

litho123

Enlightened
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
654
Location
Chicago Suburbia, IL
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

Pila_Power -

Unfortunately Carley's ETA on paper doesn't mean squat. It's not guaranteed. It's an estimate. All estimates are subject to change.

For example:
"The reflectors will arrive back from Mexico on Thursday and we'll ship them out on Friday."

What is implied & assumed in the above but not said is that "the reflectors must pass QC first before they will be shipped out." BUT... if they don't pass QC, the process starts all over again. BUT... they don't exactly tell you that they have been rejected by QC.

Having worked with them for several years, I can tell you it is absolutely frustrating to deal with them... the stories I could tell...

I have to call the rep and find out the status on this project for Delghi as well as a couple of other things I have cooking.

All we can do is sit tight until the product ships to Delghi.
 

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 13, 2006
Messages
1,057
Location
Southern California
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

litho123 said:
Pila_Power -

Unfortunately Carley's ETA on paper doesn't mean squat. It's not guaranteed. It's an estimate. All estimates are subject to change.

For example:
"The reflectors will arrive back from Mexico on Thursday and we'll ship them out on Friday."

What is implied & assumed in the above but not said is that "the reflectors must pass QC first before they will be shipped out." BUT... if they don't pass QC, the process starts all over again. BUT... they don't exactly tell you that they have been rejected by QC.

Having worked with them for several years, I can tell you it is absolutely frustrating to deal with them... the stories I could tell...

I have to call the rep and find out the status on this project for Delghi as well as a couple of other things I have cooking.

All we can do is sit tight until the product ships to Delghi.
Thanks for your efforts Litho, we all appreciate it.
 

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
10,409
Location
CT
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

choppers said:
Thanks for your efforts Litho, we all appreciate it.

+1
 

Bob_G

Enlightened
Joined
Apr 25, 2005
Messages
682
Location
Kentucky, USA
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

Thanks for hanging in there Greg. If this was any other company but Carley, I'd be worried right now, but as it is, I figure we're right on schedule :D
 

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
602
Location
Perth Australia
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

Ahh thanks Greg, I have never had any dealings nor heard of others' experiences with Carley before. It's an interesting thing..... kinda. ;)
 

Action

Enlightened
Joined
Sep 15, 2005
Messages
427
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

Would FM's newest 3" reflector fit into this head? If so, I have a spare on hand and would not mind paying a bit extra to get the head and reflector separately...
 

starfiretoo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Oct 13, 2006
Messages
1,265
Location
KAUAI
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

Is there a possiblility?

Action said:
Would FM's newest 3" reflector fit into this head?

bumpit.gif
 

Pila_Power

Enlightened
Joined
Sep 2, 2004
Messages
602
Location
Perth Australia
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

I'm wondering if there's any way of paying a little extra to get the heads shipped ASAP and collect the reflectors next year when they arrive from Car-wait-a-whiley.

I'm planning to make a custom emitter face-plate for one of them so I don't really need the reflectors just yet.

Any possibility Delghi?
 

petrev

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
1,484
Location
SW England
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

Hi All

Anybody had any contact with Delghi recently ? Not been on CPF since April 30 and I have a couple of unread PMs from before that . . .

Hope all is well ! not ill or anything ?

Cheers Pete

ps. Took me months to get just one reflector out of Carley and I ended up calling them every other week, then every week . . .
 
Last edited:

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Joined
Nov 5, 2005
Messages
10,409
Location
CT
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

petrev said:
Hi All

Anybody had any contact with Delghi recently ? Not been on CPF since April 30 and I have a couple of unread PMs from before that . . .

Hope all is well ! not ill or anything ?

Cheers Pete

ps. Took me months to get just one reflector out of Carley and I ended up calling them every other week, then every week . . .

Same here. No response to PM's. Never a good sign, but the Carley factor is real.
 

Action

Enlightened
Joined
Sep 15, 2005
Messages
427
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

LuxLuthor said:
Same here. No response to PM's. Never a good sign, but the Carley factor is real.
But if FM's reflector will fit, there is a readily available alternative until the supply runs out.

I've got a spare reflector and would really love to give it a whirl with the head...
 

choppers

Flashlight Enthusiast
Joined
Aug 13, 2006
Messages
1,057
Location
Southern California
Re: Custom 3" Maglite Head - 3" Carley Mod - Crenellated Bezel -HAIII [CLOSED]

Action said:
But if FM's reflector will fit, there is a readily available alternative until the supply runs out.

I've got a spare reflector and would really love to give it a whirl with the head...
I say we give it a go!!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top