Custom Brass Everyday Carry.

vestureofblood

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Hi all,

Just finished up the video on my made from scratch EDC, please let me know what you think.

ven

ven

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Dont like it, i love it Matt................amazing work there:cool: and tbh there is nothing to not love. The design is real nice to the eye, detail but not fussy, nor boring if makes sense. Perfect balance , the triple is a real nice touch one end, along with the cu pressed into the tail at the other.

Can I ask why you chose brass, say over copper or any other metal.

Real nice solid looking light there, i cant reach from here Matt, but give yourself a big pat on the back for me:twothumbs

The video is awesome too, speeded up perfectly...........really top stuff all round, video and your machining .

We need more , different flavours:D maybe 18350 or 18500 flavours:poke:

T

TWils

Newly Enlightened
The video is totally awesome, even if I wasn't interested in lights its fascinating to watch the process. Nice form factor on the finished product too. Well done!!

Megatrowned

Megatrowned

Enlightened
I have to say that it looks absolutely awesome! As far as looking like something from a shipwreck, maybe it will look more the part once it patinas a little? You could engrave a compass star into the tail, or some other older nautical symbol. I do like how the head/LE fits compared into the body. Often, on other lights I've seen, the mail/female threads are reversed. The way you have it is unique. And it looks like using it onehanded should work well.

George7806

George7806

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Great build and it really does look like something that could've been made in the last century....except the LED's:)
Thanks for sharing the build video, I love watching raw material turning into flashlights!

liteboy

liteboy

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
I can't believe that was freehanded! Amazing result and your videos continue to amaze with how easy you make things look.

jdboy

jdboy

Enlightened
Amazing looking light and one any true flashaholic would be proud to carry!

egginator1

egginator1

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I'll take it! ...... crap, maybe I'm a bit premature....lol. Great video and great looking light..How does one get on the list!

K2-bk-bl-rd

K2-bk-bl-rd

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Nice work! It looks like the lathe and shop I use to work at. I never got to make cool flashlights though! I spent most of my time programming and running a CNC mill.

vestureofblood

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Thanks you all so much for the comments!

Can I ask why you chose brass, say over copper or any other metal.

I like the color of brass the best. Other than acetal there is nothing easier to machine than brass either.

You could engrave a compass star into the tail, or some other older nautical symbol.

Some engraving or stamping is actually a pretty good idea. Thanks.

I'll take it! ...... crap, maybe I'm a bit premature....lol. Great video and great looking light..How does one get on the list!

Mmmmm No list. This is a one of a kind for sure. I will be putting it up for sale soon though.

A

autogiro

Enlightened
First, One of the best videos I've seen in a darn long time. Good video, audio and narration.

Nice light size and execution.

Changes? 18500 body, knurling on the raised portions of the body and a thin raised knurl ring on the head somewhere.

Two Thumbs Up!

Auto

C

Croquette

Enlightened
I agree, the most interesting video I've seen about the making of a flashlight.

And the light is beautiful.

You, sir, are an artist.

vestureofblood

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Thanks again for the feedback all.

George7806

George7806

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Fyi. The link takes you back to the build thread, instead of the sales thread. Great light, great pics. Glws!:)

Exeter354

Exeter354

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
This was just awesome to watch. Congrats to the maker on an exceptional piece of art and to the buyer who clearly appreciated it from the start.

the0dore3524

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you take requests for building custom lights? I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to dish out for them... XD

vestureofblood

vestureofblood

Flashlight Enthusiast
CPF Supporter
Do you take requests for building custom lights? I'm sure a lot of people would be willing to dish out for them... XD

Yes, I have made them upon request a few times. If you have a project in particular you would like to discuss you can email me. [email protected]