Sold/Expired Custom Delrin switch parts for Sunwayman V10R Ti + and V11R LED lights

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Custom Delrin Button Covers and replacement retaining ring for Sunwayman V10R Ti

Hey Will,

Sorry to let you know so late. I just checked my paypal bank account has no money in it, and as you know I'm not in town right now so I can't go deposit money into it. And HSBC does not accept email interac from my other accounts:mad:

If anyone needs one of these rings and wants it now, here's your chance!

dougr

Newly Enlightened
Re: Custom Delrin Button Covers and replacement retaining ring for Sunwayman V10R Ti

If no one has picked up the available ring from KuanR, I'll take it. Just let me know.

Doug

wquiles

Flashaholic

Hey Will,

Sorry to let you know so late. I just checked my paypal bank account has no money in it, and as you know I'm not in town right now so I can't go deposit money into it. And HSBC does not accept email interac from my other accounts:mad:

If anyone needs one of these rings and wants it now, here's your chance!
It is OK man, no worries. I plan on working on another batch today/tomorrow, so you can order one later on when you have more funds ;)

Will

fyrstormer

Banned

Please put me on the waiting list for one of the Delrin retaining rings. I've got a V10R Ti+ inbound and I might as well be prepared to deal with the switch if I'm not "one of the lucky ones" who gets a usable switch out-of-the-box.

TurboTalon

Newly Enlightened

paypal sent

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Would also like to be placed on the list for a retaining ring.

Via iPhone & Tapatalk

wquiles

Flashaholic

OK guys, the next batch is ready:
DSCF8400.JPG

Post #2 updated. If your name is there, please send funds ASAP :D

I also just got a V11R, and I am happy to report that YES, these rings fit on the VR11 as well :devil:
DSCF8401.JPG

DSCF8402.JPG

DSCF8403.JPG

Will

Last edited:

tatteredmidnight

Newly Enlightened
Re: Custom Delrin Button Covers for Sunwayman V10R Ti +

Will,

Just recieved and installed the new retaining ring and I really like it. In fact i'm very fond of both mods! I had a bit of trouble getting the new ring in, but with some finess, slightly larger pliers, and a bit more pressure, everything went in. Initially it didn't screw in far enough and wouldn't tail stand flat, and without acctivating if you pressed it down. Screwing the ring in a bit more ( i was being too gentle ) solved it.

This really is the way this should have come from the factory. Now when i get my V11R HI-CRI I can use the tail-cap kit and i'll have two great lights. Thanks Will.

[UPDATE] having properly installing the retaining ring and trying my best to cause an activation failure or jam, i have not found a way to mess it up. As far as i can tell this is solves the issue 100%. Even mashing my fat fingers between the rim of the light and the Ti tail-cap causes a normal activation.

-- Adam

Last edited:

bkrontz

Newly Enlightened

$$$ on the way! Thanks!

wquiles

Flashaholic

Will,

Just recieved and installed the new retaining ring and I really like it. In fact i'm very fond of both mods! I had a bit of trouble getting the new ring in, but with some finess, slightly larger pliers, and a bit more pressure, everything went in. Initially it didn't screw in far enough and wouldn't tail stand flat, and without acctivating if you pressed it down. Screwing the ring in a bit more ( i was being too gentle ) solved it.

This really is the way this should have come from the factory. Now when i get my V11R HI-CRI I can use the tail-cap kit and i'll have two great lights. Thanks Will.

[UPDATE] having properly installing the retaining ring and trying my best to cause an activation failure or jam, i have not found a way to mess it up. As far as i can tell this is solves the issue 100%. Even mashing my fat fingers between the rim of the light and the Ti tail-cap causes a normal activation.

-- Adam
Thanks Adam - I am glad my replacement ring is working well for you. The V10R is a very nice light, with a great size and great UI, but that Ti on Ti switch was definitely a weak point that should have been addressed before going into production.

$$$ on the way! Thanks!
Payment received (thanks) - goes out tomorrow Saturday ;)

Will

Last edited:

F250XLT

Flashlight Enthusiast

I received my retaining ring kit today, and unfortunately I cross thread it during installation :ohgeez:It's installed and working, not sure I'll ever be able to take it off though.

wquiles

Flashaholic

Oh man, sorry to hear Tim. I have installed/removed every single one before sending out, so I had a lot of practice, but it is not trivial. You should be able to remove it, but make sure you apply strong pressure down with the pliers to keep the tips from leaving the small holes and scratching everything up.

The best tip I can think off to prevent cross threading is to thread the piece in two steps:
1) Start screwing the ring backwards first, very slowly, until you feel the slight bump of the threads aligning. What I do is that I keep the thin-nose pliers aligned and steady, and rotate the body against a flat surface (bench), which ensures that the alignment from the pliers remains true.
2) Then start screwing the part normally, which should go really easy now since the threads were aligned by the prior state.

In fact I will add these tips to the first post.

Will

Last edited:

wquiles

Flashaholic

I removed it, and tightened it back down. The threads are a bit worked, but not destroyed.

Glad to hear - thanks much for the update :)

Delrin is pretty forgiving when it comes to threads, since it can mold/adapt somewhat given it is somewhat flexible.

Will

somnambulated

Newly Enlightened
Delrin is a great material. I run a CCI Phantom pump marker playing Paintball, and the Delrin parts have withstood a LOT of abuse! The breech of the marker is a Delrin block with no threads, fitted with a slightly conically threaded aluminum tube. I've threaded and unthreaded the tube countless times, and it still holds strong.

Delrin is also what the slider bars on most motorcycles are made of :)

Via iPhone & Tapatalk