custom lights

stewdogg

Newly Enlightened
Looking to get into the bottom of the custom market but don't know what's out there.
I know of the Mac's and Mcgizmo's...
I really like the brass tri edc from Mac. I would like to stay around the $200-250 area. Does anyone make a 14500 light? I like a little more length the 14500 provides over the 123 format. I like how the 123 sits in my pocket but the 14500 feels way better in my hand. Is the tri edc offered or possible in a 14500?
Anyone have any other ideas?
Thanks!!

GeoBruin

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if you would classify it as custom but definitely high quality and low production quantity is the Malkoff MDC in the AA format. It just hit his site and I would expect it to go on sale in the next week or so.

Actually, as I read your post, you want a 14500 light and the MDC will only accept a 1.5 volt cell. That may be a deal breaker.

Would also check out the Peak El Capitan in some flavor of exotic and metal (including brass). It will love a 14500 or really any AA cell.

Good luck.

nbp

Flashaholic
McG offers a 14500 body now, which is compatible with all his heads. I just put my beloved Haiku head on a new 14500 body and I love it! Fantastic feel, even better than the 123 body I carried for a year and a half.

stewdogg

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the ideas...

I really would like it to take the lithium batteries due to the power option. If it could take both eneloops and 14500's that would be perfect. If I can have only one then I think it would be 14500.
I checked out the Peak and it looks great but I would like a clicky and a little more substantial light.
I also checked out the Mcgizmo with the 14500 tube and it's a little out of my $250ish price range. It would be great if Mcgizmo would offer some more affordable materials besides titanium.
Any other options?

nbp

Flashaholic
You can certainly choose whatever you like but if it were me, I'd save my pennies til I could afford it and go with the McGizmo. It's worth it. The Haiku with 14500 Clicky Pak is a super EDC.

stewdogg

Newly Enlightened
Yeah go figure this place would get me to spend more money:)
That is tempting due to the 14500 clicky pak looking real nice.
I wish the tri edc would come in a 14500 option as that would solve my issue I believe.

nbp

Flashaholic
:devil: :devil:

15274235.jpg

stewdogg

Newly Enlightened
Hey nbp I just looked at your "my lights" list and I think if I need a brick n mortor type place to look at lights before I buy you might be the place:)

Last edited:

nbp

Flashaholic
Hey nbp I just looked at your "my lights" list and I think if I need a brick n mortor type place to look at lights before I buy you might be the place:)

Lol. I think it's up to date, gotta check on it and make sure it's correct. I have a few lights I am pretty happy to own. :)