• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Mag-1xD for sale - 5th wave completed :-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lumafist

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Custom Mag-1xD for sale - order placed!

And that is one gorgiuos piece ?o_0?......!

It`s gotta be the hardest name to spell out on CPF...........:duh2:

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened

hold down the ALT key, type 0191on the numeric keypad, then release the ALT key.

= ¿
¿o_O?yay lol

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast

Will, got the WA1164's, reflector and 8xAA in 2D today. May just have to move the regulator prototype into 2D when it arrives...

wquiles

Flashaholic

Will, got the WA1164's, reflector and 8xAA in 2D today. May just have to move the regulator prototype into 2D when it arrives...

I guess it is good timing that I got the package with all of the bodies (including your 2D) today, right?

Photos later tonight ;)

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic

The goods are home!
dscf4592.jpg

I work in groups, depending on what I am setting up on the lathe, so that I do similar operations to save setup time and to minimize operator errors. I am sick with a cold, but I wanted to at least start something tonight since I will be traveling next week, so I decided to do the 2D boring jobs, since all 3 are the same.

Given that, I started with Alan's Red 2D with boring for 8xAA holder:
dscf4593.jpg

With the host almost inside the chuck I get a sturdy setup, although I still have some chatter due to the long boring bar:
dscf4594.jpg

dscf4595.jpg

Since I am not going for a mirror finish on the inside, the finish is a little bit rough depending on how the light hits it, but it is very practical for the "inside" of the tube (still dirty here with some chips) ;)
dscf4598.jpg

and the 4xAA battery goes all of the way in ...
dscf4599.jpg

dscf4600.jpg

Tomorrow I will buy two black 2D's to finish the boring jobs, and them move on to the next group in the list ;)

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic

Payment received - thanks!

To me it looks OK and practical, but not a pretty finish. It is as practical for inside boring as I can do with my setup. To get an even better finish I will start looking into a bigger diameter boring bar, that would be even stiffer than this 0.5" bar that I am using today. There is always room for improvement ;)

Will

Alan B

Flashlight Enthusiast

Payment received - thanks!

To me it looks OK and practical, but not a pretty finish. It is as practical for inside boring as I can do with my setup. To get an even better finish I will start looking into a bigger diameter boring bar, that would be even stiffer than this 0.5" bar that I am using today. There is always room for improvement ;)

Will

Wonder if a larger radius tool tip would clear some of that up.

wquiles

Flashaholic

Wonder if a larger radius tool tip would clear some of that up.

Yes, and Mirage_Man is also helping me use/understand the automatic carriage feed, which will also help give it an even nicer finish by moving even slower than what I have been using :twothumbs

Will

wquiles

Flashaholic

cheetokhan, your special host is ready :devil:

Here I am done with the internal boring, and prepping the threading area:
dscf4615.jpg

Here I am done with the threading (and by this time I am done doing the switch mod on both sides):
dscf4616.jpg

Here I am doing the tailcap boring to allow the spring to seat deep and allow the 4x14670 adapter to fit:
dscf4617.jpg

dscf4618.jpg

dscf4619.jpg

You said you wanted it as short as possible, and here it is. Once you push IN the battery pack with the tailcap spring, you then have enough room for the tailcap to screw in:
dscf4620.jpg

and here is the finished host:
dscf4621.jpg

I just sent you a PM with my Paypal information ;)

Will

¿o_O?

Newly Enlightened

Hey Will, the full body to head groove that nailbender showed you and i have posted an image of.
sadad.png

How much will it be, 50+25 for the body grooving or more because of its full body to head style?

ma_sha1

Flashlight Enthusiast

That head grove looks nice!
I like this thin grove type, where grove & un-grove lines are same thickness.

Does it help remove heat?

wquiles

Flashaholic

Hey Will, the full body to head groove that nailbender showed you and i have posted an image of.

(snip)

How much will it be, 50+25 for the body grooving or more because of its full body to head style?

I basically charge based on the time it takes me to perform the job and/or the setup on the equipment. For something like that in the picture it would be:
- $50 for the cut/re-thread/domestic shipping (international is extra)
- $25 for the body grooving
- $25 for the head grooving

Man, you work fast! I don't even have my 14670 cells or adapter yet.
:paypal:

Payment received - thank you. Your package (as well as others marked done on post #1) leave tomorrow Monday ;)

I am actually working pretty slow due to the cold I had this last week. This coming week I will be in/out of the office a lot, so I will not be able to resume work until this upcoming weekend :(

Some folks following this thread were not able to get their post/PM's to me in time and unfortunately did not make this 5th wave of 1xD's. However, my good buddy and fellow machinist Brian (aka Mirage_Man) also does all of these modifications, and he just got a mill as well, so please contact him if you can't wait until the next wave.

Will

cheetokhan

Enlightened

Got my jade 1D yesterday. I made the mistake of opening the box in front of my wife. You may remember that she snagged my purple 1D you made for me last month. Well, she saw the jade green and decided that she likes it too. I put a regular Mag LED and 3AA cells in her purple one. Now she's gonna have a jade P7 with 3x14670 cells to go with it.
That makes 3 of your cut down Mags I have purchased and I still don't have one for myself. :mecry:
The camo went to my son and the purple and jade both went to my wife. I'll just have to barrow hers when I need it.

Visible EM Wave

Enlightened

Got my jade 1D yesterday. I made the mistake of opening the box in front of my wife. You may remember that she snagged my purple 1D you made for me last month. Well, she saw the jade green and decided that she likes it too. I put a regular Mag LED and 3AA cells in her purple one. Now she's gonna have a jade P7 with 3x14670 cells to go with it.
That makes 3 of your cut down Mags I have purchased and I still don't have one for myself. :mecry:
The camo went to my son and the purple and jade both went to my wife. I'll just have to barrow hers when I need it.

Think of it positively. Your wife is happy with the lights. She is not satisfied with a Mag LED and asks for a P7 - that's a sign of turning into a flashaholic. My wife does not care what is a P7 and she thinks I'm nuts building a flashlight that costs more than $100. In her world, a flashlight should not cost anything more than $20. :mecry:

P.S. Of course I didn't tell her about my Sceptre and the recently bought MZXR-7 from LED Zeppelin. :naughty:

wquiles

Flashaholic

Glad it got there safely ;) Sorry about the "loss" of the new light to your wife - hey, at least she cares about them. Most women don't :thumbsup:

Will

Status
Not open for further replies.