• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired Custom Maglite Tri/Quad LuxIII 9-12 watts from 1or2 (9-12Ah) NIMH D cells (many pics)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cliffnopus

Enlightened
Re: Coming soon...2D mag Tri-lux (9 watts) using 2 (9-12Ah) NIMH D cells w/2hr runtime.

Eric, I'll take a 1D quad.....any color(except black). I've been following this post with much interest, lots of good work here.

Cliff

Ned-L

Enlightened
Re: Coming soon...2D mag Tri-lux (9 watts) using 2 (9-12Ah) NIMH D cells w/2hr runtim

Do you have a guestimate for when you will be taking orders for the 1D versions? I am not in a great rush, mostly want to know for budgeting purposes.

MillerMods said:
So everyone knows, I'm sending out PM's in order to those who have expressed an interest. I'm taking orders for the non-PIC 2D Tri and Quad versions only for now.

Nvr2brt

Newly Enlightened
Re: Coming soon...2D mag Tri-lux (9 watts) using 2 (9-12Ah) NIMH D cells w/2hr runtime.

Eric,

Count me in for a "basic" quad...would prefer colors in this order:

Copper -> Blue -> Pewter -> or any color but Black.

If the quad needs fins, that's OK, too.

Thanks.

Tom

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Coming soon...2D mag Tri-lux (9 watts) using 2 (9-12Ah) NIMH D cells w/2hr runtim

Flash007 said:
Can we choose the color of the MAG ?

Yes, I have Dark Green, Red, Blue, copper, pewter, silver, and black.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ned-L said:
Do you have a guestimate for when you will be taking orders for the 1D versions? I am not in a great rush, mostly want to know for budgeting purposes.

In about a month or less I hope.

Flash007

Enlightened

MillerMods said:
Yes, I have Dark Green, Red, Blue, copper, pewter, silver, and black.

Can I see somewhere pictures of copper and pewter color models ?
I don't know what they look and in www.maglite.com I don't see them.

Last edited:

Flash007

Enlightened

Do you have Titan Gray colour (not silver) ? It's my favorite colour.

If not, I want a blue MAG.

Other question : do you think fins cut to the head are necessary for the Quad-Lux I ordered, for continuous use?

IF, and only IF the answer is yes, I prefer to take (if you accept) Tri-Lux 3w (9w total), to avoid overheating without the fins cut.

PM sent.

Last edited:

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast

Flash007 said:
Do you have Titan Gray colour (not silver) ? It's my favorite colour.

If not, I want a blue MAG.

Other question : do you think fins cut to the head are necessary for the Quad-Lux I ordered, for continuous use?

IF, and only IF the answer is yes, I prefer to take (if you accept) Tri-Lux 3w (9w total), to avoid overheating without the fins cut.

PM sent.

The Quad does get very hot if it's left sitting and I think fins should be added for that version.

Flash007

Enlightened

MillerMods said:
The Quad does get very hot if it's left sitting and I think fins should be added for that version.

Thanks. :thanks:

PM sent for a 2D Tri-Lux 3w (9w total) with 3x TWOH. :thumbsup:

Best regards,
Flash007

Ned-L

Enlightened

MillerMods said:
I plan on ordering the 2 level version Quad, 1 cell, with fins when it is available, but was still wondering whether you have changed your thoughts on just how much difference the fins make after seeing Modamag's Mag Thermal Profile thread?

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast

Ned-L said:
I plan on ordering the 2 level version Quad, 1 cell, with fins when it is available, but was still wondering whether you have changed your thoughts on just how much difference the fins make after seeing Modamag's Mag Thermal Profile thread?

When Bogus1 sent that thread to me a while back, I only took a quick look at it. Now, as I look at it closer, I see the problem here.

Here's the thread: https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/115232&highlight=modamag+thermal+profile

It appears that the 4X Lux III version simply shouldn't be left on unattended or it may get too hot. The best answer for anyone that is concerned about continuous use should only get either the Tri-Lux or PIC version. Looks like fins will only help if you're moving around with the flashlight.

Last edited:

Cliffnopus

Enlightened

Sounds like you need to attach a fan. :laughing: Make it really dangerous.

Cliff

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast

Cliffnopus said:
Sounds like you need to attach a fan. :laughing: Make it really dangerous.

Cliff
This is the case with any high power multi-Lux flash-light, unless it's huge.

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
Compliments of Leef, here are some beautiful pictures to look at:

IMG_7248.jpg

IMG_7253.jpg

IMG_7255.jpg

cmacclel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Custom Maglite Tri/Quad LuxIII 9-12 watts from 1or2 (9-12Ah) NIMH D cells (many pics)

Fluting :)

Have you found a way to debur the edges? There pretty darn sharp after machining.

Mac

MillerMods

Flashlight Enthusiast
cmacclel said:
Fluting :)

Have you found a way to debur the edges? There pretty darn sharp after machining.

Mac

For now these are just proto's for fun. The main thing Leef did to help me out was cutting them down so I can start the 1 cell versions. Do you have any ideas on how to bevel the edges?

Status
Not open for further replies.