Custom Surefire® Hosts 6P|Z2|C2|M2: Bored, Ceramic, HA, Extras, plus Turnkey Options

ElectronGuru

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Now available:

653cs2.jpg

2305fd.jpg

2nh1g1w.jpg

2vs2pz9.jpg

2nsmg0j.jpg

ElectronGuru

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
What two cell models running 18650's do you carry?

Sorry for the confusion. I meant '2 cell' in SF vernacular (6P, C2, Z2). However, a 9P+A19 readily handles 2x18650's.

Hmmm... Can you give some indication of what you do plan to have available, even if it is weeks to a month away?

It's hard to make impulsive purchases when the goods aren't available! ;)

Excellent point. We have over 50 combined C3's and 9P's in production and over double that number in A19's.

Some will be offered in straight bore format (first). Others will go on to get different finishes and colors. You can expect limited availability early October, with larger batches landing later in the month.

Phyltre

Phyltre

Newly Enlightened
Should we be seeing more three-level neutral triples before the end of the year? Couldn't help but notice the entire listing dropping off Oveready, presumably in preparation for a price bump after the resolution of the flashing issue.

W

wingnutLP

Enlightened
Any more smoothies on the way?

W

wingnutLP

Enlightened
Electron_Guru told me that he is experiencing great difficulty in obtaining bananas so this is unlikely for the time being.
I did think about that as I was writing it!

So what is the score with smooth 6P's?

If there are no more coming I will just buy a regular HA...

J

jellydonut

Enlightened
What's a smooth 6P? A 6P without knurling?:thinking:

easilyled

easilyled

Flashaholic
All the options that are available are astounding and as consumers we are very spoilt to have so much choice.

However, there's one thing that I'd really love and that would be to have a tailstanding tailcap that can be fitted with the various switch options such as zero-resistance, McClicky etc.

Although the Delrin tailstanding shrouds can achieve that, I think that a custom machined tailstanding tailcap in different finishes to match the different bodies would be much nicer looking.

W

wingnutLP

Enlightened
What's a smooth 6P? A 6P without knurling?:thinking:
yep, it has the knurling reduced and the hex taken off so that the head is round. It is basically a bit more pocket friendly.

And I want one!!:devil:

skyfire

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
anymore G2s coming? more specifically in orange? my apologizes if it was mentioned and I missed it, not easy retaining 33 pages.

btw, love my white C2, worth every penny! but I still have that itch for an orange host. planning a 3000k drop-in for it, intended for emergencies, and throwing around here and there :rolleyes:

E

elho

Enlightened
OVEREADY Insider said:
Our normal third body O ring began as the one provided by Lighthound.
Sized the same as the second body O ring (provided by the factory), it seemed a natural choice.
Over time, it became clear that this added to much friction to the tailcap (particularly with twisties).
Is there any technical problem with "too much friction" in this case or any other disadvantage of the thicker rings?
My guess would be not, as long as one keeps it lubricated well. And the same way that I love the HARDpress McClicky, I really do like that the tailcap does not move all too easy with my previous OVEREADY lights. :thumbsup:
A really secury lock-out sounds like a good thing, too. ;)

So if it rather is a matter of taste, would it be possible to get the older thick type of O-rings with ones lights?

Edit: Oh, and curious about the new battery bumpers: Are these just stuck into the lights or glued/attached in some way? :thinking:

Last edited:
J

jellydonut

Enlightened
When using a clicky switch I appreciate additional friction. I use high viscosity lube for this reason.

If using a twisty switch however it might be a nuisance.

ElectronGuru

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Phylre
Should we be seeing more three-level neutral triples before the end of the year?

While not discontinued, the multi level is on hold until the flash issue is resolved. We really don't like shipping imperfect stuff.

wingnutLP
Any more smoothies on the way?

easilyled
Electron_Guru told me that he is experiencing great difficulty in obtaining bananas so this is unlikely for the time being.

wingnutLP
I did think about that as I was writing it!

So what is the score with smooth 6P's?

If there are no more coming I will just buy a regular HA...

jellydonut
What's a smooth 6P? A 6P without knurling?

wingnutLP
yep, it has the knurling reduced and the hex taken off so that the head is round. It is basically a bit more pocket friendly.

And I want one!!

Hilarious! This is the smoothie in question:

2epr335.jpg

We are doing a natural HA batch now that will include at least one. Plans are not finalized for the next black HA batch.

easilyled
there's one thing that I'd really love and that would be to have a tailstanding tailcap that can be fitted with the various switch options such as zero-resistance, McClicky etc.

Great suggestion, we'll see what we can do!

skyfire
anymore G2s coming? more specifically in orange?

We have the capability to produce more, its mostly a question of time. I'll see what we can do.

jellydonut
When using a clicky switch I appreciate additional friction. I use high viscosity lube for this reason.

If using a twisty switch however it might be a nuisance.

elho
Is there any technical problem with "too much friction" in this case or any other disadvantage of the thicker rings?

So if it rather is a matter of taste, would it be possible to get the older thick type of O-rings with ones lights?

Edit: Oh, and curious about the new battery bumpers: Are these just stuck into the lights or glued/attached in some way?

To be clear: a smaller third ring still has more friction than no third ring (stock). You are welcome to request whichever you prefer. We refer to the smaller rings as 17's and the larger as 18's. Just ask for dual 18's in your order notes.

Our new bumper rings are sized to hold in with just friction:
batterybumper.jpg

You can see the installation steps, here.

Now available:

316te8y.jpg

2ds9jp.jpg

qx1ens.jpg

fk78s0.jpg

30l1kid.jpg

Henk_Lu

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast
You know what is missing in your customization offer?

2wqvoli.jpg

- I have a black boot on my black host
- I have a green (GITD) on my green host
- I have an orange boot on my orange host
- I'll get a pink (GITD) boot on my pink host

What shall I put on my white and my yellow host? Seriously, if both are now colors you regulary offer, is there no possibility for a yellow and a white boot? The could become dirty quite quickly, that's true though...

What could be nice on a multicam host? :poke:

E

elho

Enlightened
Phyltre

Phyltre

Newly Enlightened
Phylre
Should we be seeing more three-level neutral triples before the end of the year?
While not discontinued, the multi level is on hold until the flash issue is resolved. We really don't like shipping imperfect stuff.

Understood! Just remember, I have two lonely hosts here with no engines, and anything less than your neutral triples feels like a waste of money... :naughty:

J

jellydonut

Enlightened
Understood! Just remember, I have two lonely hosts here with no engines, and anything less than your neutral triples feels like a waste of money... :naughty:
Well, I've got a couple of Oveready hosts and only one triple.. The other one is pretty happy to house a LumensFactory hotwire or a Nailbender custom. :naughty: Just a tip. ;)

Tana

Tana

Flashlight Enthusiast
Supporter
ElectronGuru,

Any chance for custom C2-BK-HA to be available soon on OR ??? I wonder how many of people here desire one for their collection, super tough black C2 with equally tough dropin installed...