First Class Envelope = $4
+ 4% = $2
Total = $44

Bob96

ElectronGuru

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Important announcement:

PayPal has requested we stop accepting personal/cash payments through their system.

We are now working to update our threads to comply. This may include changes to prices and payment instructions.

copperfox

copperfox

Enlightened
PayPal has requested we stop accepting personal/cash payments through their system.

Because it denies them a cut of the transaction and that makes them grumpy. Is is really a "request" or more of a "do it or else..." ?

ElectronGuru

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Yes. It is very nicely written, but does have a certain '...or else' quality

copperfox

copperfox

Enlightened
Electron, just hit them with a little Pirates of the Caribbean: "I'm disinclined to acquiesce to your request." :grin2:

Then get ready to :duck:

W

Wrace

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I've have been searching for a clicky replacement switch for my G2's and ended up at this thread. I have more flashlights than I care to admit including some of the expensive high-end surefires, but the G2's are my go-to general use light. They are the only flashlight that has not failed from impact when dropped on the concrete from the lift arms of my car hoist multiple times. I like the nytrolon, the colors, the size, and the toughness. Having said that, a twisty switch on a general use light just doesn't cut it and I was very close to dumping the G2's and purchasing a half dozen stream light poly tac. I am not interested in putting a metal or non-color matching switch on the G2. All of my G2's were purchased new over the last three years or so.

I ordered and received three of the self-install kits and they are a quality piece of work to be sure. I installed them yesterday and ran into a surprise on one of my yellow G2's in that the tail cap housing is not as long as the others and of course doesn't contain as many threads as you can see in the pictures. Further, this particular cap/switch does not have the rivet, nor does it have the plastic disc. The switch assembly literally just falls out when you remove the tail cap.

I managed to get the mcClicky installed but it is only hanging on by one thread or so. I'm wondering if anybody else has run into this?

Thanks
Wayne

837239728_YieCG-S.jpg

837239793_MqnEr-S.jpg

LIGHTSMAD

LIGHTSMAD

Enlightened
is it likely you will have these back?

delrin tailstand shroud Z41/G gloss black

ElectronGuru

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
ran into a surprise on one of my yellow G2's in that the tail cap housing is not as long as the others and of course doesn't contain as many threads as you can see in the pictures. Further, this particular cap/switch does not have the rivet, nor does it have the plastic disc. The switch assembly literally just falls out when you remove the tail cap.

By all appearances, this looks like a G2 version of the vintage 6P tailcap. I've never heard of such a thing existing. Is the boot a larger diameter as well? You said these were purchased in the last few years. Could the source of that one have had old stock?

Whatever the cause, the easiest solution is to get one of the newer style caps to put the McClicky into. They are available online, we have them prestripped for $18.

is it likely you will have these back?

delrin tailstand shroud Z41/G gloss black

More ready soon, check back this weekend!

W

Wrace

Newly Enlightened
By all appearances, this looks like a G2 version of the vintage 6P tailcap. I've never heard of such a thing existing. Is the boot a larger diameter as well? You said these were purchased in the last few years. Could the source of that one have had old stock?

Whatever the cause, the easiest solution is to get one of the newer style caps to put the McClicky into. They are available online, we have them prestripped for $18.
Could have been old stock, the boot looks to be the same size as the other g2's. I'll go to your website and order another yellow cap.

Thanks

H

hemlar

Newly Enlightened
Sending Paypal for:

#73 - Z41/G McClicky switch kit - $20 [x3]
#13 - delrin tailstand shroud Z41/G matte black - $14
Total = $78

One happy Hemlar:paypal:

H

hemlar

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the fast shipping!!

Turns out I need some more stuff... Awesome product btw!

#74 - Z41/G McClicky switch kit - $20
#7 - G series host - black - $18 [x2]
Total = $60

ElectronGuru

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Four models of Delrin shroud and 3 models of Delrin deep pocket carry clip, now ready to ship.

A

Anto

Enlightened
Would you extend your shipping discount to LEO/Mil to Fire/EMS as well?
I'm interested in picking up a McClicky.

ElectronGuru

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
Now available:

10qx6hs.jpg

Installation guide also added to Post 1:

vzvkhh.jpg

kosPap

kosPap

Flashlight Enthusiast
electron gure I do not see your zero resistance tailcap mod here....