CW VS NW your thoughts

orbital

Flashlight Enthusiast
To me this thread highlights how well CPF members police themselves.

There was a time when keyboard warriors went ballistic on each other over their favorite tint.

"3600k? You're stupid, everybody knows 3597k is the best".
"Well you are an idiot. 3600k is perfect"
3rd person chimes in…
"Both of you are morons, everybody knows 3612 is perfect"……

Today it's a live and let live thing. Bravo!
+

'keyboard warriors',, love it!!

Gotta add, really yellow tints are the worst

KITROBASKIN

Flashlight Enthusiast
I developed a disinterest my dog is better than your dog p_ssing matches many years ago.
My dog IS better than your dog, and his urine is proof of superiority. Sample incoming.

Hopefully there has been enough written on CPF about the subjective nature of color temperature, as well as diagnostic advances offering objective evidence for those differences in emitters. A manufacturer should explain what emitter and color temperature for each flashlight, with even some giving the CRI measurement. Now if we can get them to start disclosing bin ratings...

idleprocess

Flashaholic
My dog IS better than your dog, and his urine is proof of superiority. Sample incoming.
My cur won't so much as submit a sample and prefers a more kinetic contest, however making that time and place align seems unlikely.

A manufacturer should explain what emitter and color temperature for each flashlight, with even some giving the CRI measurement.
A 2D CIE color coordinate would be nice along with a spectrum graph. But this seems unlikely.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
The warriors now hang in the automotive section
True.
Glass or plastic lens opinions better tow the line or "poof"……posts just simply disappear. You must comply to post there. lol.

I think if I had to pick a color temp it would be the color of sunlight about an hour past it's daily peak in winter, two hours past in summer. 5700 to 6200……

Last edited:

parang

Newly Enlightened
4500K looks neutral to me, but I prefer warmer light if possible.

vicv

Flashlight Enthusiast
It's funny because I very much dislike warm leds. 3k looks awful. But I like incan. For leds, between 4-5k I like best. But the copy paper white that streamlight uses in it's stinger is very nice too

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Clear sky or high clouds? If you say full clouds, I will put you on my forum 'ignore' list.

7A4193CE-A3B4-41FF-97A1-A692A17999C6.jpeg
This ^^

About a year back I purchased a dozen E26, 2700k lightbulbs from the fine folks at Prometheus Lights. I installed them everywhere possible and I'm still very pleased with their CRI & CCT.

Flashlights - Neutral lights tend to be favored, but an older CW from 4Sevens makes its way into a pocket every once in a while. :)