Sold/Expired Dam Mule Withdrawn.

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello CPF:

Collections change, and dang it if it ain't painful to have to decide what needs to go to make room for the new stuff.

I have a couple three really nice pieces that I need to let go. I am not really interested in trades except as noted below. Prices below assume PayPal and shipping anywhere you want.

Both of the complete lights are in 100% mint condition as I see it, although I am not the first owner of the first light. The last piece is a host without light engine from the mighty TranquilityBase that is in 99% mint condition.

>>>The first light is a McGizmo C-Pack Mule. I got this light in a trade. I am crazy about mules, but I actually was most interested in trying out the C-Pack with my LS20.1. It is a really cool option to have, but one I never used that often. As a mule, it is fantastic. Essentially you set the level you want with the head, and the switch is a McClicky. Simple, effective, and a rare classic that I have only ever seen once. Given the crazy market...asking 595 USD. (*SOLD*)

>>>The second is the aleph/E host without light engine. It uses any standard Aleph LE. Features the classic TB croc pattern on the CR123 body, a head with a clean bezel that also looks great paired with a McClicky pack, and a beautiful rare small diameter tail with a KuKu six trit tail switch (green). The 99% rating comes from the fact that the bezel has been removed and scratched during replacement. This is extremely slight, and could easily be polished away with a little love and attention. Full disclosure here. Given the switch is included, asking 650 USD. (*SOLD*)

>>>This light is one of Fred's latest batch of Chad Nichols damascus steel lights. Mine was a special order mule style (no reflector, LED smashed against the glass) with a McClicky switch, and a 18350 battery size. It uses a standard Aleph light engine, making it infinitely upgradeable. It now runs a XML FluPIC (3A high) made by DatiLED. This is the bees knees and a supreme light. The high is a virtual small sun in your hand, and will light an entire room. It is 5000K tint XML on the cool side neutral I'd say. There is a characteristic tint shift near the edge of the beam, but the beam is exceptionally wide, as Fred really slammed the engine near the glass. You can see this in the photos. If you don't know the FluPIC, search it. It makes this light a really special piece, and certainly it is the only such light in existence. I have a horrible time getting to shine in photos as much as it does. For this piece, I would be interested in trades for newer SPYs with a trade value of 1100USD. Asking 1000 USD, but would gladly sell without the LE for 800 USD.

I am going to withdraw this light from sale. I will PM those who expressed interest in trades separately. I have let go enough mules for one day.

Here are lights, McGizmo, TB (SOLD), and PhotonFanatic from left to right in the following photos.

IMG_6197.JPG

Tails.

IMG_6199.JPG

In the next photo, you can see how nice the mule configuration is on Fred's light.

IMG_6200.JPG

In this last photo, the lights for sale are the the three pieces in the lower right corner. Notice the McGizmo C Pack is the LONG CLIP. Rare, and very handy.

IMG_6201.JPG

As previously stated, prices assume Paypal and shipping anywhere. Please PM me with serious interest or for Paypal details. SPY trade interest could also apply to other combinations of the above lights if something should come to mind.

I am shipping from Rotterdam in the Netherlands with tracking and can work out anything with you regarding customs or speed.

Thanks for the free place to play with flashlights CPF.

The TB Aleph Host with the trit tail is SOLD.
The McGizmo Mule is SOLD.
The Dam Mule is withdrawn from sale.

obi

Last edited:

Silgt

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Two Nice Pieces and a Ti Host (McGizmo, PhotonFanatic, and TB)

WOW...some sweet drool-worthy lights here :grin2:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast

Obi, I'm going to take the McGizmo Aleph/E light with the Ku switch. This is am amazing host and I'm surprised it lasted this long.

I know you pm'ed me about trades so let's talk. If a trade doesn't work out I'll just take it with full PP payment

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast

SOYCD: Sorry, but I just replied to your PM. Apologies for seeming to slack.

No one wants to trade a SPY for my Dam Mule? It is the only non-twisty Damascus light Fred has made as far as I know.

obi

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Obi....That Dam Mule has my attention! I have a Spy 007 XML that DatiLED modded. I have owned six Spys and this is my favorite so far. It is not from Data's XML run which I have had the pleasure of owning however it only stayed bright for a very brief time. I don't have to tell you about Derrek's work and he is almost done with the Ti PD and it will be an insult to McGizmo purists but nevertheless....it will have a wow or should I emphasize ....WOW... factor second to NONE! I would be up for some type of trade arrangement if you are interested. Good health and Happy New Year to you and your family. Karl-Heinz

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hello CPF! I had a bit of a heavy week and have not been able to maintain contact with this thread.

I am alive.

SOYCD, I have sent you a PM.

Karl, I am about to send you a PM.

For now, these two lights are still available.

Great CPack Mule with the long clip; ideal for someone with a modded LS20 or LS27. Don't forget this is still a PD mule head, so you can pair this head with a PD.

The Dam Mule is really something else. It is heavy in the hand and pocket, and almost looks like alien tech. Remember, it is a FluPIC with an XML (built by DatiLED) with 3A on high...and a 18350 cell to back that up. It is a special light. I would like to state clearly here that these lights both represent net losses for me at these prices.

Thanks CPF.

obi

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Two Nice Mules (McGizmo, PhotonFanatic...one old, one new)

These are both still waiting...ready for new masters.

Partial trade offers on the Damascus Mule are possible in principle. :)

obi

karlheinz3

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hi Jay...tried to PM you but your box is full. Here is an update on the Ti PD progress...
:wave: Greetings Jay! I apologize for not answering sooner but my business is growing so fast and the more money we make...the poorer I seem to get! I don't understand how my wife and I work a hundred hours a week and after expenses, we are always broke. We now have like ten people working for us and work Saturdays and Sundays too with no time for recreation or vacation. Chip Willis expressed interest in buying the Spy back several times. It is kind of sad that I have already owned most of the cool stuff available for acquisition. I still haven't received the Ti PD back from DatiLED so I haven't been able to offer it back to you in trade. Here is a copy of his latest correspondence....

Ti-PD
Hi Karl,

I have finished the work inside the head of your Ti PD, and it is almost complete!!! I have tested it briefly, and it definitely qualifies as a WOW light. I have one final part to fabricate, and it will be ready to return home to you. I am going to snap a bunch of pictures, and may tease you with a few before sending it your way.

Thank you for your incredible patience, and the freedom to create one of the most spectacular McGizmo Ti-PDs ever. Be prepared to take some flack from the McGizmo purists, though

Best regards,

Derek

So now you know as much as I do! I told him cost was not a factor and to make the coolest "WOW" PD ever created. I doubt there will be another ever like it and the flickering will be a thing of the past but it probably won't be much of a "mizer" light! I sent him $$$ to start the project and advised him to let me know the balance when complete and to do the project with his creative genius at his own pace. I have been waiting for a Milky Spit room Sweeper for a year now from Scott Clawson. He made me wait a year and a half for a Haiku build but I have the coolest Haiku ever made! No light engine....all custom optics built in the head and permanant with a simple HI/LO user interface XM-L per my request. I bought the new AA sized Mule from Don recently with an XM-L light engine and it is pretty cool. I have been using a 2 x 123 pak with a titanium VME head sporting a Malkoff HO module and two IMR cells. It gets really hot very quickly. I have to say the Spy 007 that Derek modded is probably the best set up ever. I owned the Data XM-L version and it would only run on hi for brief period and go to a dimmer mode with the built in circuitry. Oh well....back to bed for a couple hours and then the crews arrive for their assignments. Take care Karl

Liquidation%20sale%20036%20(640x480).jpg

Liquidation%20sale%20037%20(640x480).jpg

Liquidation%20sale%20038%20(640x480).jpg

Liquidation%20sale%20041%20(640x480).jpg

Liquidation%20sale%20044%20(640x480).jpg

Liquidation%20sale%20045%20(640x480).jpg

Liquidation%20sale%20040%20(640x480).jpg

Liquidation%20sale%20041%20(640x480).jpg

Last edited:

Obijuan Kenobe

Flashlight Enthusiast

Thank Karl...sent a PM reply.

Some price adjustment before withdrawing.

For now...McGizmo @ 550, Dam Mule @ 950...750 w/o LE.

Come and get 'em.

obi

jkt

Newly Enlightened

Hi,
I will take the McGizmo C-Pack Mule,PM sent.

jkt

Newly Enlightened

:paypal:,thank you.