Dargon-1 VS DragonHID (12 cell)

gessner17

Enlightened
Does anyone know how these compare?? I can't seem to find any comparable data on them. Please post if you have both. Any info is greatly appreciated.

Andreas

Enlightened
Maybe i should clarify, Wolf Eyes Dragon I. Is that what they are reffering to up there??

Thanks

andreas

Lexus

Enlightened
I have a DragonHID 12 cell and absolutely love it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif. Don't own a Dragon-I though. Would love to see a beamshot with both dragons in.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Gessner17,

I have a DragonHID, but it is the small one (9 cell I think). The Dragon I is a bit brighter and has a warmer tint to it. The spill seems to be brighter from the DragonHID.

I like both lights, but the DragonHID is more impressive. It is about half the size of the Dragon I and fits nicely in my back pocket.

On the other hand, the Dragon I has the cool battery indicator LED tail cap and you can adjust the beam a bit.

Can't make up my mind. I guess that's why I have both.

Tom

bmsmith

Enlightened
SilverFox, spoken like a true flashaholic. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I have a DragonHID 12 cell, but no Dragon I. I am tempted to get a Dragon I, but am resisting due to price and similarity in performance specs to DragonHID and, to some extent, the SilverLegcay/ufokillerz MiniHID, which I also own. Do I really need another (larger) 10W HID light?

- Brian

gessner17

Enlightened
Is there any differance specs between them besides the focusablility??

Andreas

Enlightened
I hate to say this to you guys but I have the Dragon I currently. The first HID I purchased. I have a Dragon HID 12 cell coming by friday. Thank you to Rick258. I can let you all know how they compare head to head.

Andreas

I should have a Maxabeam and the X995 by then also.

:)

Andreas

Enlightened
Mini HID arrived today and it is very cool. Turbo Head and all.

A big thank you to Catdaddy for a great transaction.

Andreas

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
1 X990

1 X995

3 Maxabeams

1 megaray

1 Dragon HID 12cell

1 Dragon 1

1 SF Beast

WILL THE LIST CONTINUE ANDREAS!!!!!!!!!!

Andreas

Enlightened
Yes, but the MegaRay has not been purchased yet. I have not been able to stomach it yet.

Have added the following to that list also. Mini HID w/extra turbo head, Two M6's, (1)M2,(1)L4 , (1)L6, (1)A2 aviator, (1)U2, a couple of streamlights, (1) Thor, One LionHeart, (1) Petzl Myo5 and one surefire Infared light.

It is all the fault of CPF. I am now Broke!!

(Big Breath)

(Deep Breath)

(Next Breath) " I hope to add the new KenRad light, MegaRay and anything else you guys come up with soon.)

thanks all of you

It is all your FAULT

andreas

MaxaBaker

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crackup.gif

I'd have to say you have the best collection out there right now!!!! (for big spots anyway /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif )

Catdaddy

Enlightened
Andreas,
Did you forget you bought an X990 and X995 last week? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
Maybe I am mistaken...

Andreas

Enlightened
No you are right but I had listed that above earlier. Just got off the phone with modamag. Four more little toys will be arriving soon. Wayne at Electrolumens also sending me a few. I will put a nice group shot together for you guys.

Hummmm!! What am I going to use to light up the picture????

StainlessSteel

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Andreas said:
No you are right but I had listed that above earlier. Just got off the phone with modamag. Four more little toys will be arriving soon. Wayne at Electrolumens also sending me a few. I will put a nice group shot together for you guys.

Hummmm!! What am I going to use to light up the picture????

[/ QUOTE ]

The sun? =)

SS