DCD charger with LCD capacity indicator_Designed and made in china

ShanghaiAndy

Newly Enlightened
Thanks to all of you!
Coppertrail: I am contacting with the producer of Angeleyes, and i think he will be interested to think about sending you one for testing. if he is not interested , maybe i will do it. Anyway, thank you for your concern.

Verge: yes ,jusko is right. and besides that ,Angeleyes has many characteristics for safety concern. let me show you with pictures later.

Anders: what do you mean by UL? is that a comunicating tool ? i have msn. the hotmail id is lvcarnival.thank you.

Norm: thank you for your care. i am asking the shipping agent for the cheapest way to overseas. when it is done,i will post the form.

hank

Flashlight Enthusiast
UL approval means, for example, that the plastic used will resist flame for a specific period of time rather than igniting quickly.

It's been a problem:
http://66.151.177.220/issues/home/computer_fires.html

"... In February 2003, the SAC spoke with individuals involved in a demonstration conducted at Underwriters Laboratories in January 2003 by a working group of the USA Technical Advisory Group to the International Electrotechnical Commission's TC 108, in which candles were tipped over, causing ignition of various items of ITE [info tech] and CE [computer equipment].... this demonstration confirmed what has been found in more controlled studies and added new information regarding the vulnerability of ITE and CE to external ignition...."

Underwriters Laboratories Inc.
UL is the trusted source across the globe for product compliance. ....
www.ul.com/
UL Online Certifications ... - database.ul.com/.../1FRAME/srchres.html
Standards for Safety - www.ul.com/info/standard.htm

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
ledflasher79 said:
I just saw a similar charger that with LCD display $17.13 shipped at kaidomain.com. The brand is Soshine.
:bumpit:

Ugh... not even close! It doesn't give useable information such as voltage and current, but rather just a "bar graph" indicator for each cell. Only charges two AAA cells, not four. Two AAA cells charge at 600mA (a bit high?), but a single AAA cell charges at 1200mA. (OUCH!) And it doesn't appear that either this Soshine or the Angeleyes offers truly independent charging/mode selection as the BC-900, but at least the Angeleyes gives voltage and current information. If I could get my hands on an Angeleyes for the price of the Soshine, I would do it, even though I just aquired my third BC-900!

jusko

Newly Enlightened
I have been using the China made AngelEyes Charger for some time. It has been available for a few months.
It works great ! With useful battery information displayed on the clearly lit LCD like the Maha C9000/LaCrosses BC900 (LCD not lit). One feature that the C9000 is lacking is that the AngelEyes can discharge and then charge. It will not refuse charging the not-so-good batteries (of course, no HIGH displayed). But it will refuse charging really crappy rechargeable and alkaline batteries. It is small and light weight, no external power transformer is needed. I have not seen a missed termination so far.

The main disadvantage is that it is a slow charger ! Only 530ma with 4 AA cells, and 1060ma with 2.

Best Regards
jusko

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
jusko said:
I have been using the China made AngelEyes Charger for some time. It has been available for a few months. The main disadvantage is that it is a slow charger ! Only 530ma with 4 AA cells, and 1060ma with 2.

Where are you located, and where were you able to purchase this? Will the charger let you select currents other than those listed, like the BC-900? For example, if I wanted to charge only two AA cells at 500 mA, or two AAA cells at, say, 350 mA? Or does the current default to those you listed based upon number of cells? If you put two AAA cells in, will it charge them at 1060 mA? Any and all hands-on information you can provide would be great, as nobody else has chimed in with such information. I, for one, am very interested in this charger.

jusko

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Turbo DV8,
I am from Hong Kong, I bought this charger on a website in China. You can find this charger on sale on these 2 websites (in Chinese)--- http://www.gzydl.com/ or http://auction1.taobao.com/auction/0/item_detail-0db1-c6f6f2b1942c3512e43f3b659af29899.jhtml

No, you can't select the charging current. This charger will determine the appropriate amount of current according to the health condition of the cell. But the max charging current is 1060ma for each cell when charging 2 AA cells at the same time, while it is 530ma each when 4 AAs are charging. For AAA cell, the charging current is halved, i.e. 630ma x2/320ma x4. It has worldwide power input AC100V-240V.

Hope this help and more questions about this charger are welcome.

Best Regards
jusko

Norm

Retired Administrator
Is there an English web site for this charger. I'd like to give one a try but wouldn't be able to buy from any of the sites listed.
Norm

jusko

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Norm,

I am afraid there is no English web site for this charger at the moment, but I will try to relay your interest in buying this charger to the seller to see what they can do for you.

Best Regards
jusko

Norm

Retired Administrator
jusko said:
Hi, Norm,

I am afraid there is no English web site for this charger at the moment, but I will try to relay your interest in buying this charger to the seller to see what they can do for you.

Best Regards
jusko

:) Thanks
Norm

jusko

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Norm,

Just got a response from the seller. He explained that they didn't expect there were overseas buyers due to expensive shipping cost, so no English web site.

After seeing post #10 of this thread, your interest of buying this charger may be reduced.

Best Regards
jusko

jusko

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Norm and Turbo_dv8, if you are really interested in buying the AngelEyes, you may contact the seller at email---- [email protected]

Best Regards
jusko

Last edited:

Norm

Retired Administrator
Thanks jusko, I read post #10, but I wonder what the alternative is?, I was particularly interested in the capacity readout. Any suggestions? must be able to be used on 240 Volt
Norm

I sent an email to the address you provided jusko, I'll let you know the outcome.

Last edited:

jusko

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Norm, yes the capacity readout is the main feature of this charger. The capacity readout let you know the health condition of the cell. There are the charging capacity and discharging capacity readouts. The automatically adjusted charging current also gives you some clues to the conditions of the cells, e.g internal resistance of the cells. If the cell is healthy, max current will be supplied.

The operating voltage is AC100V-240V.

Hope this help.

Best Regards
jusko

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
jusko said:
Just got a response from the seller. He explained that they didn't expect there were overseas buyers due to expensive shipping cost.

I am not sure I understand this. How can DealExtreme and Kaidomain ship me so much product from thereabouts for such a reasonable cost, yet this charger alone costs $18 to ship to the US?

Last edited:

jusko

Newly Enlightened
Hello, Turbo DV8, I have no idea about the $18 shipping costs or you can ask the seller direct for clarification please.

Best Regards
jusko