DCD charger with LCD capacity indicator_Designed and made in china

NetKidz

Enlightened
Turbo DV8 said:
I am not sure I understand this. How can DealExtreme and Kaidomain ship me so much product from thereabouts for such a reasonable cost, yet this charger alone costs $18 to ship to the US?

I think the US$18 shipping was calculated by shipping 500g goods via EMS (a.k.a. USPS Global Express), so it's expensive. DX and Kai are using airmail small package, thus cheaper.

Last edited:

xiaowenzu

Banned
ShanghaiAndy said:
Secondly ,why not trust "made in China" stuffs? today ,almost every sanyo and sony charger is made in china!
I don't trust a generic brand made in China. For me that's the 'worse' combination.

Sanyo and Sony are Japanese companies with experience and reputation for making products with high specifications.. their manufacturing practises are very strict, and they've produced many quality product which have been tested. I don't mind Sony/Sanyo made in China products because they have fine quality control designed and invented by Japanese... while us Chinese are merely following their 'blueprints'.
Even though, 90% of the profit goes back to the Japanese companies and their shareholders in Japan, I prefer world reknown brand-names. ;)

Turbo DV8

Flashlight Enthusiast
TOOCOOL said:
Wow wonder how that happened :laughing:

Don't know about Kai, but last Thursday I emailed DealExtreme to ask if they would carry this charger, and here is the response I got today:

Hi Ron,

Thank you for contacting DealExtreme.com Customer Support.

I will let our colleague to find it in our market. We will let you know once we get it for sale.

I feel like such an instigator, but after a couple months of hearing nothing about this charger, I decided not to sit back anymore. Hopefully we will see both Kai and DealExtreme carrying this charger soon, with the resultant price war and downward-spiraling prices! :popcorn: $35 is a lot of money for this charger. The only thing it has over the La Crosse BC-900 is an illuminated display. Every other aspect of the AngelEyes is a step down from the BC-900. Amazon sells the BC-900 for $35 and regularly offers free shipping. If the AngelEyes gets down to $20-$25 shipped, I'll spring for an AngelEyes as a backup to my other BC-900's.

Those who are buying the AngelEyes now, please post your experiences with it here once you play around with it for a while.

Last edited:

TOOCOOL

Enlightened
Thats funny turbo I e-mailed Kai and I got

Hi, Tim

I can get this. It will be up shortly. Introductary pricing is $35 shipped.

Kai

jusko

Newly Enlightened
Hi, Lobo, I have got the Angeleyes charger and it works very well. Charging and discharging information are displayed in the LCD clearly as stated in the specifications. No bulky transformer. I am very satisfied.

I will try to answer your questions as far as I know.

Best Regards
jusko

balazer

Enlightened
Never. The charging electronics for the different chemistries are pretty much separate and li-ion chargers are such a niche that no one will bother making a cheap all-in-one charger. Anyway why do you care? You can already get extremely inexpensive li-ion chargers like the Nano and DSD.

Perfectionist

Enlightened
Why do I care ? Well the same reason I upgraded my mobile phone to one that had buil-in GPS instead of having a separate unit ..... convenience and less hassle !!

I think if somebody did come up with a truly universal charger ..... it would sell all day long ..... especially to CPFers .....

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Perfectionist,

I don't know about the Chinese, but the Germans have some... Check out the Schulze line of chargers...

Tom

robm

Enlightened
Doh - forgot to post an update.
Ordered from Kai 26/03, arrived 07/04.

Seems to what it says - charges/discharges batteries and has a display :D

Not sure it is any better at charging than a cheaper charger, but at least the counters/display allow easy identification of unbalanced cells/suspect batteries.