[DEAL] Astrolux S41S SS & Colored SS Quad Nichia 219B / CREE XP-G3 1600lm

Wurkkos

Bdm82

CPF Supporter
Re: Astrolux S41S Won't light with extension tube

Hi and thanks for this forum an pool of expertise. If you would please help me with an issue I'm having w/ my new S41S I received. I also ordered the extension tube. When I initially received the flashlight I installed one 18350 and the standard short tube. All good (with the exception I'm not understanding the click modes so well). It's an amazing, bright flashlight.

I added the extension tube and a second 18350 (made by keepower). I did the first click which was the lowest power mode and that worked great. A second click brought a bright flash that lasted a few milliseconds and the light went out and hasn't come on since no matter what I do, going back to the single batt tube, etc. Nuttin' honey. I'm new to this type of high-tech light I guess (although I own a TK75 and TM06 and they seem user friendly enough). Is there something I'm missing in the clicks - have I damaged my light (it would seem not)?

Thanks ahead for your knowledge. I believe in reciprocating thus, If anyone has any luthier questions feel free to tap into my 40 years experience for assistance, thank you.

The extension tube is for a single 18650, not two 18350s. You've fried your driver.

Luthier

Re: Astrolux S41S SS & Colored SS Quad Nichia 219B / CREE XP-G3 1600lm

New driver ordered from Banggood. I've tried to remove the circle washer with needle nose only to find it's hanging up - of course just 3 threads before it's out! Is there an exact tool available that inserts into the two holes and provides a firm grip for removal?

Bdm82

CPF Supporter
Re: Astrolux S41S SS & Colored SS Quad Nichia 219B / CREE XP-G3 1600lm

New driver ordered from Banggood. I've tried to remove the circle washer with needle nose only to find it's hanging up - of course just 3 threads before it's out! Is there an exact tool available that inserts into the two holes and provides a firm grip for removal?
Look for a SNAP RING PLIERS SET. Cheep ones on the big A to Z site run about $7 or you can find locally at an auto parts or tool store.
You really just need the straight style.

Mrty

Is there a coupon code for the
Astrolux SS Stainless Steel CREE XPL-HI that is current?

Swedpat

I received Astrolux S41S in colored body from Banggood earlier this week. I chosed 219 Nichia and with 18650 extension tube. Very nice light! And it is heavy, the heaviest light for the size I have ever held! I think it's due to the solid copper heatsink. I programmed it to 4mode, but it took several amount of attempts before I succeed. Now and then it does not turns on at all and I need to push the switch several times until it turns on, and I don't understand why. Does this have to do with my use of protected cell, which is longer?...
Anyway I recently ordered 4xAW IMR cells: 2 18350 800mAh and 2 18650 3000mAh. These will be my very first unprotected cells. It will be interesting to try them with as well S41S and Manker X6. Using protected cells the brightness does not reach 1000lm and it will be nice to see the full potential of these lights.

freeme

Vendor
Follow this diagram to configure your S41S again.

Unprotected battery is recommend because battery protection circuit might trip on High or Turbo mode. You don't have to worry about over-draining the cell, as S41S shutdown itself if it is drained under 2.8V.

hFxRdpZ.png

I received Astrolux S41S in colored body from Banggood earlier this week. I chosed 219 Nichia and with 18650 extension tube. Very nice light! And it is heavy, the heaviest light for the size I have ever held! I think it's due to the solid copper heatsink. I programmed it to 4mode, but it took several amount of attempts before I succeed. Now and then it does not turns on at all and I need to push the switch several times until it turns on, and I don't understand why. Does this have to do with my use of protected cell, which is longer?...
Anyway I recently ordered 4xAW IMR cells: 2 18350 800mAh and 2 18650 3000mAh. These will be my very first unprotected cells. It will be interesting to try them with as well S41S and Manker X6. Using protected cells the brightness does not reach 1000lm and it will be nice to see the full potential of these lights.