Dealextreme DX 3W CREE "NEW"!!!!!!!!

M

Mike Painter

Flashlight Enthusiast
FlashKat said:
Hey Mike.... How is the little RC helicopter?

I just bought it and they say about two weeks to get here.

B

balazer

Enlightened
x2x3x2 said:
I was also interested in those 2400mah 18650 batts, especially with the package of the cool looking ultrafire multi channel charger. but then i was told those arent protected. If u dont mind that, i say go for it :)
Kyle told me that the UltraFire 2400 mAh cells are probably closer to 2000 or 2200 mAh. It's still a good price for what you get, but just be warned. UltraFire certainly overrates their 10440 cells.

DrifT3R

DrifT3R

Enlightened
AlexGT said:
Hey there's a couple of multimeters at 6 and 10 dollars are they any good?

AlexGT
I have the $10.50 one. It's pretty nice considering theres free shipping. It even has a backlight. But the instructions are in Chinese.

Y

yellow

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the comparison beamshots,
with them I am really thinking of this light, and I wouldnt without the shots, as I would have thought with the agressive bezel the light might get too long/big for my taste.

There is only one drawback:
the 2 levels are great, being able to conserve runtime, but the 350 mA "low" is no low.
This is more output than the usual light Joe Average uses and will completely ruin nightsight and even spill light will burn trough ones head, when using it in the dark.
A very very low would be much better (and at the Fenix treads anyone can read this is not only my impression)

in the moment there is no competitor for Fenix when the package is:
SMALL light, 2 levels at least and a low low (even when the offered one is still too bright).

What there is NOT, that is a SMALL, 2-or-more-level 18650 light,
thats what I check the dealextreme-site since someone posted the link here

Last edited:
Norm

Norm

Retired Administrator
yellow said:
There is only one drawback:
the 2 levels are great, being able to conserve runtime, but the 350 mA "low" is no low.
This is more output than the usual light Joe Average uses and will completely ruin nightsight and even spill light will burn trough ones head, when using it in the dark.
A very very low would be much better (and at the Fenix treads anyone can read this is not only my impression)
The way the switch is described makes me think that the low is controlled by a resistor on the switch, if so it is only a matter of changing the resistor to a higher value to make low whatever you want it to be. Guess mode off.
Norm

chevrofreak

chevrofreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hellbore said:
I dunno I would sure like to see something like a 3W or 5W Cree light in a 2D or 2C form factor... That would be super practical for me, especially something that takes 2D or even 3D. Something to take the place of time-consuming Maglite mods...

5 watts is probably too much to push through a single XR-E. Three XR-E's at 450-500mA each in a 2D light would be pretty nice. You would get much better efficiency and LED life with 3 LED's splitting the power than 1 taking all of it.

H

heliyardsale

Newly Enlightened
I just received another order from DE. Very happy with their products and service...
Glad he is back !!! Personally, I think other sellers will have to decrease their pricing structures to compete with DE. Once their Cree lights start arriving here and test positively, Dealers with great pricing and good products will be the next Walmarts of the flashlight world. Great prices, great service, and good products... I've purchase a few Ultra fire light from DE and I can tell you they are pretty darn close to the quality of Fenix and other more expensive Asian lights. Yeah, I agree they are not Surefires, but at DE prices, you can buy a hell of a lot of lights for the price of one SF....
Heli

F

Fenglock

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have any idea how long this light would run with the battery it comes with?

I'm looking to buy my first light for patrol and this thing looked like a great deal for similiar performance that costs $100+ ...

I can forsee lights gettting dropped/broken etc so a cheaper but effective solution appeals to me.

Also would get a couple extra batteries and keep them charged and ready in the car.

chanamasala

chanamasala

Enlightened
They should tell the manufacturer to boost the circuit in the DX 3W Cree 18650 CR123A Flashlight CREE to a higher current too to get it in line with the other one's output.

T

timcodes

Newly Enlightened
Anyone have an idea if this light is tighter (throws further) than the p1d-ce?

J

JanCPF

Enlightened
FlashKat said:
Flashlight Reviews states the Fenix P1D CE is rated at 7850, but this one has an orange peel reflector which reduces throw to give a smoother beam. It is a similiar result when they put an orange peel reflector in the Lumapower D-Mini. For $27.00 I had to buy it and try. Most of www.dealextreme.com flashlights have been good so far.
Don't get the numbers mixed up. Flashlightreview states that the P1D-CE has a lux reading of 2700 at 1 meter. Please look at the throw number. The 7850 lux reading is *not* taken at 1 meter, but rather sampled from the integrating milkbox to give a total output number.

Jan

Last edited:
F

FlashKat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I asked Kyle about boosting the DX 3W CREE, and he said that he is looking to see if it will work okay at a higher level. There is no guarantee that this will happen.
chanamasala said:
They should tell the manufacturer to boost the circuit in the DX 3W Cree 18650 CR123A Flashlight CREE to a higher current too to get it in line with the other one's output.

abvidledUK

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
abvidledUK said:
Looks like a Cree module insert for the JALL 8W 18650 Swat Flashlight Black Xenon torch that DealXtreme sell.

Nice though.

I wonder if the module will be available seperately ?

Even nicer.

DX state that the lamp assembly and the circuit is all built into one unit sealed inside the aluminum reflector cup unit, as shown in one of the pictures on the page.

The outer diameter of the entire assembly (including the reflector) is 1.063" at the widest point (topmost edge of the relector) and 0.669" at the narrowest point (the base of the circuit board).

In metric, that 27mm & 17mm.

Thats just 1mm on each width more than some of my Xenon torches, spec anyway. Allowing for measurement errors and latitude.

So perhaps the drop in Cree module will fit.

if and when it becomes available, seperately, at a reasonable price.

Last edited:
Turbo_E

Turbo_E

Enlightened
BULKRATE code worked for me. saves $2.xx in shipping. bought $40 worth of stuff

EDIT note, i didn't buy. just tested. couldnt justify buying more lights...yet.

i may be selling off my P1D CE

Last edited:
F

Fenglock

Newly Enlightened
I went ahead and bought the light, an extra battery, and a charger...

Hopefully this puppy will work out for a duty light on patrol.

M

MorePower

Enlightened
Turbo_E said:
BULKRATE code worked for me. saves $2.xx in shipping. bought $40 worth of

The BULKRATE code is supposed to be used for purchases of 25+ identical items. I wouldn't be suprised if orders get modified or cancelled if they don't meet that criteria.

abvidledUK

abvidledUK

Flashlight Enthusiast
Don't abuse the system pls, we'll all lose out in the long run.