Decoding LiPo battery numbers...

ejot

Enlightened
I have a few small LiPo packs that I'd like to incorporate into a light design because the form factor happens to lend itself well.

They're all 3.7V / 650mAh, but they're labeled with slighly different 6-digit numbers (along with some various letter prefixes/suffixes (suffices...?)).

I have 852540, 882540, and 902540. I'm guessing the 25 means a discharge rate of 25C. I'm not having any luck decoding the rest. (They're slightly different sizes, but not in a way that makes obvous sense with respect to the numbers.) Anyone know?

Last edited:

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Those are typically dimensions, e.g. 852540 means 85 x 25 x 4.0mm.

ejot

Enlightened
Brilliant, thanks! I was just kind of figuring that out, but there's enough uncertainty in measuring them, that it wasn't immediately clear to me.

edit: it looks like it may be 8.5 x 25 x 40 mm, which better matches these units.

Last edited:

Gauss163

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, the order can vary between manufacturers but it will be obvious which way is correct if you know the measurements.

Generally you won't find much more than this and possibly the capacity printed on the pouches. But sometimes you can find further info (even datasheets) from that on the manufacturer's website (not too infrequently the size is unique).