Dedicated throwers

wiiken

Newly Enlightened
I have been looking around CPF for what batteries to use in my Dereelight Night Master.
Is 3400mAh Panasonic NCR18650B a good alternative or should i use some other model?
I want the best battery and protected of course.

What do you use?

mikesantor

Enlightened
So I just got done reading the whole " Olight SR95 (SST-90) & SR95UT (SBT-90) Review:" thread by selfbuilt. Im still not understanding this. Funny part is someone else asked early on in the thread and no one answered him.

If the SBT-90 is an SST90 die with just a clear film in lui of a dome, why is it darn near half the output?

Would de doming an SST90 be the sole reason for a 50% decrease in output?

M@elstrom

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I just got done reading the whole " Olight SR95 (SST-90) & SR95UT (SBT-90) Review:" thread by selfbuilt. Im still not understanding this. Funny part is someone else asked early on in the thread and no one answered him.

Yes they did in post #937 :thumbsup:

If the SBT-90 is an SST90 die with just a clear film in lui of a dome, why is it darn near half the output?

Would de doming an SST90 be the sole reason for a 50% decrease in output?

The sbt-90 is essentially a sst-90 led that is de-domed. There is a dome per say on the sbt-90 its just square and flat. It cant be drivin as hard because of the lake of the big dome because if you dedome a sst 90 led it puts it at a much greater risk of failure.

Removing the dome appears to effect both the beam and thermal characteristics of the emitter ;)

mikesantor

Enlightened
No friggin clue how I missed that....

Thanks!

Still at a cross roads. Don't know if I want to go de domed sst-90 or sbt-90...

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
I have been looking around CPF for what batteries to use in my Dereelight Night Master.
Is 3400mAh Panasonic NCR18650B a good alternative or should i use some other model?
I want the best battery and protected of course.

What do you use?

Very good battery...

But Night Master can run with ext tube, and 2× cheapest 18650 batteries(crappyfires) more than 1,30 hours...

If U put quality batteries it will be well over 2 hours...

wiiken

Newly Enlightened
Very good battery...

But Night Master can run with ext tube, and 2× cheapest 18650 batteries(crappyfires) more than 1,30 hours...

If U put quality batteries it will be well over 2 hours...

Ok, i will hopefully get the batteries this week so i can try. I use the extension tube all the time for maximum output :) I will compare Nightmaster and my SMALL SUN ZY-C10-S this weekend, my first impression of the Nightmaster is that is isn't so much more powerful than SMALL SUN ZY-C10-S...but i havent tried them side by side yet....

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am very impressed with Fenix TK50.
The bad thing is that I was misfortunate in the tint lottery; it's nasty greenish. Even if this is mostly not noticable at the highest mode in the hotspot because of the high intensity it's still noticable in the spill. And using the lower modes at short distance I don't even consider, have to attach some filter to get rid of the greenish.

Last edited:

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Ok, i will hopefully get the batteries this week so i can try. I use the extension tube all the time for maximum output :) I will compare Nightmaster and my SMALL SUN ZY-C10-S this weekend, my first impression of the Nightmaster is that is isn't so much more powerful than SMALL SUN ZY-C10-S...but i havent tried them side by side yet....

Friend I am sorry that I have to tell you that... but you have to buy glasses :)

It is 90 kcd vs 35kcd

Like Mike Tyson vs Oscar De La Hoya

I have both and small sun is in my third flashlight closet that I never open... Terrible flashlight... Needs tons of modding in order to become good flashlight...

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Friend I am sorry that I have to tell you that... but you have to buy glasses :)

It is 90 kcd vs 35kcd

Like Mike Tyson vs Oscar De La Hoya

I have both and small sun is in my third flashlight closet that I never open... Terrible flashlight... Needs tons of modding in order to become good flashlight...

I have the Dereelight DBS-T EZ900 Aspherical which is what you have under a different sales name.

It really gets out and can nearly keep up with my Olight SR90 but in a very small shaped beam.

I do love it.

It is a special purpose light and is great for stealthy stuff or mounting on a rifle.

It is not designed as a general purpose light.

It does have a WOW factor for a 3W light every time I show it to people for fun mainly.

It is every bit as good as my Crelant 7G5V2 with the Collimator except the Crelant projected image is about twice the width and height as my Dereelight.

The Crelant 7G5V2 with the collimator attached is not a general purpose light to carry except for spotting targets in the bush etc.

Without the collimator it seems about level up in the 700 to 900 lumens area to have a beam shape similar to my Olight SR50, SR51 and M3X and makes for a pretty good general purpose combination of throw and flood.

My Thrunite TN31 kills all of those at 1170 lumens of pure white throw power, no sign of yellows or greens anywhere in the beam.

It is a short length 4 x 18650 higher body width thrower that is great.

I have not seen another single XM-L U2 beat this TN31 in throw or sheer output!

It really is quite a beast in throw and output.

Cheers :)

Last edited:
So, still no news on Saabluster making the mod for the DBS Aspheric available?
Have been very tempted by the Olight SR95UT, but, very expensive and the size is WAY too big for what, only another 50% ish increase in throw distance over the DBS?

Such a shame. I live in hope of Saabluster making this one happen :)

Last edited:

cccpull

Enlightened
Anyone know if the Crelant 7G9 will out throw the 7G5V2 with collimator lens?

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have been very tempted by the Olight SR95UT, but, very expensive and the size is WAY too big for what, only another 50% ish increase in throw distance over the DBS?

I do too!

There is a difference of about $400 between them.

But the bigger and heavier Olight SR95UT also puts some flood out as well, the Dereelight Aspherical with EZ900 LED is like a laser beam and very thin in beam width.

Cheers

Oztorchfreak

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking for Modded Maglite that is powerful, throws well, a little spill & reliable.

I have a 4D Maglight with the TerraLUX MiniStar31M-EX LED Conversion Kit for 4-6 D Cell MagLites up to 1000 Lumens (TLE-310M-EX) TerraLUX MiniStar31M-EX LED Conversion Kit for 4-6 D Cell MagLites up to 1000 Lumens (TLE-310M-EX) installed and it has three modes and is pretty bright but it is nearly all flood.

I would like to know where or who I can get a Maglite that has been modded to put out a great throw beam with a little flood (to see where you are going still) beam reliably and without overheating with a reasonable runtime?

I have seen plenty of Mag mods but has anyone discovered the best mod so that the Mag still looks mostly like a standard Maglite?

I have the TK70, Olight SR90, TN31 and Dereelight DBS-T EZ900 Asherical amongst some others already.

The 3D LED Maglite is very spotty but not nearly enough lumens or lux to be of real use to a Flashaholic.

I would like to get a Varapower Turbo V2 light but orders are closed as far as I can tell.

When going to the Varapower website I get this message displayed "The Custom Build List is CLOSED.

Sorry, but we are not accepting any more custom build requests at this time"
most times that I look at the website.

I have run both my Olight SR90 and the Fenix Tk70 continuously for over an hour (TK70 running 4 x NIMH 9500mah LSDs) each on the MAXIMUM BRIGHTNESS and never have any battery or overheating issues, but I believe that the Varapower range has shorter runtimes and conditions for using them.

I would like a Varapower in a 3D format as that is the High Quality D size NIMH 9500mah LSDs I already have plenty of.

How long does it usually take for them to start making CUSTOM MADE orders again?

Correct me if I am wrong but does that mean they don't have any standard stock lights except for the custom made ones where you select all of your options?

Update - I just received advice to look in the LEDs section on that website, but there are no 3D size format lights for sale.

I am already crying about it.

Cheers

Last edited:
Re: Looking for Modded Maglite that is powerful, throws well, a little spill & reliab

Correct me if I am wrong but does that mean they don't have any standard stock lights except for the custom made ones where you select all of your options?

Cheers

On the lambdalights home page, click on 'LED Flashlights' top left. He puts flashlights for sale in there. There was a nice Varapower Turbo II SBT-90 on there last time I looked.

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast

Limited time and limited money. It is in the plans still. I am about to release three new lights that will all beat the DBS though so don't worry. Possibly as soon as next week.

Tiresius

Enlightened
Did anyone de-domed their crelant and slap the colimator head on with 2xIMR cells? Would love to see a beamshot of that.

Tatjanamagic

Enlightened
Limited time and limited money. It is in the plans still. I am about to release three new lights that will all beat the DBS though so don't worry. Possibly as soon as next week.

If they will throw more than 150 kcd U will beat new Deerelight aspheric(bigger aspherical head)... ;)

:bow::bow::bow:

Holy jesus that is fantastic news. Well done!
Can't wait for the details, when can I order :)
Thank the lord I resisted the olight.:popcorn: