Dedomed convoy ?

lund1660

Newly Enlightened
Hey everyone, was looking at mtnelectronics and they have a convoy c8 with s dedomed led option. Do you think this is real convoy is the dedomed option a good idea?

JasonJ

Newly Enlightened
I'm sure it's am authentic convoy, mtn electronics is a stand up business that supports our hobby at what I guess you'd call a grassroots level.

As for dedomed being a good option, it depends on why you want that light and what your intended purpose is. People buy or perform themselves an LED dedome to help make the light throw further and to increase the candela output.

If you're looking for a c8 light that's the best thrower you can buy, one with a dedomed LED emitter is the way to go. Obviously choosing a specific type of emitter is another level of choice, I.e. Going with an XP-G2 or an XML2, or even the new XPL-HI, a factory no dome version of the XPL.

lund1660

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply I pulled the trigger on the one dedomed and one regular convoy c8. My main reason for getting the dedomed c8 is seeing coyotes, not to hunt them but to see them before they see me when I walk at night, they travel in packs of 6-8 around here and scare the crap out of me, been 30ft away before I realized it. Do you think I could spot them 200+ yards out with the dedomed c8?

JasonJ

Newly Enlightened
200yds shouldn't be an issue for the C8 to reach out and touch. I can't say how much light actually reaches the target at that distance (lux on target). I do know that my domed XML2 C8 with U2-1A emitter easily puts a hotspot out to 100yds or a little more, where I can easily see what it is that is lit up.

I do know about coyotes.. I live in MI and spend a ton of time further north... as we encroach on their territory, the 'yotes have been getting braver and braver coming around the cottages and walking along the property lines.

I think you'll do fine with what you purchased. If you find it a little lacking, there are mods that can be done to boost its ability to throw.