DEFT-edc LR+ 72K cd!!

hon

Newly Enlightened
OMG.... I just order the last piece of LR+. I think I'm going to have sleepless night till the light arrive... :duh2:

Last edited:

BARBARIAN-X

Newly Enlightened
Saabluster - this is what I have been waiting for. My experiment with a DEFT EDC...

Next to be shortened will be LR+ - runs perfectly well on a 18350 850ma battery. No reduction in brightness to the naked eye.

e5436e50.jpg

Lets see it in your hand...I'm guessing approx 4 inches.

Hey without the grip rings it looks like a lightsaber!

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Saabluster - this is what I have been waiting for. My experiment with a DEFT EDC...

Next to be shortened will be LR+ - runs perfectly well on a 18350 850ma battery. No reduction in brightness to the naked eye.
Well I'm glad you finally got what you wanted. I think I prefer the look of the full length body but that cut-down version is even more pocketable for sure.

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
My LR+ "72k" arrived!! My AW IMR cells haven't arrived yet so I know for sure my cheap Ultrafire cells are not doing it justice.

The attention to detail on these lights are impeccable, I am really happy to say that even with the "budget" host, the light feels super solid and high quality.

Thanks Saabluster!

I will report back when my IMR cells arrive :D

KuanR

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, how do I install the diffuser into the other position? I only tried it on putting the diffuser directly in front of the LED (I think position 1?)

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, how do I install the diffuser into the other position? I only tried it on putting the diffuser directly in front of the LED (I think position 1?)

There is a black rubber spacer right behind the lens. Remove that and fit the diffuser behind the lens and then reinstall the black spacer. That is it.

mohanjude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really loving my DEFT shortie... It works for at least an hour. Since I use it for short bursts it least me a whole week in real use before recharging.

My next project is take the Titanium highly polished body from Lumens factory Seraph shorten it and transplant the internals...

Saabluster the internals are epoxied in some kind of resin... Any chance I could send you the Ti body for it to be transplanted for a fee?

Last edited:

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am really loving my DEFT shortie... It works for at least an hour. Since I use it for short bursts it least me a whole week in real use before recharging.

My next project is take the Titanium highly polished body from Lumens factory Seraph shorten it and transplant the internals...

Saabluster the internals are epoxied in some kind of resin... Any chance I could send you the Ti body for it to be transplanted for a fee?

The only thing that can be reused is the LED pill. To remove the driver requires it to be destroyed. There is no other way. I can do the mod for you though.

shramj

Newly Enlightened
I brought this thing to Disney World and talk about a great place to have a thrower. Everyone was amazed. I was lighting up the opening where the doors open at the top of the Hollywood Tower Hotel and shining everyone that was on the ride. Even the staff at Disney were amazed from it. I also had a blast using it at the Fantasmic show. The DEFT LR+ is a fun light and everyone gets a kick out of it. I hope there is a future to the EDC line because I may have to buy another! Saabluster, if I had 5 of these with me on my Disney World trip, I could have sold them in a heartbeat. I even had family from England wanting to get one for their son in Afganistan.

Draven451

Enlightened
shramj,

Great story. I still enjoy the surprised faces of strangers when they see how powerful and small this light is!

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Since this thread was bumped; I am still frustrated by having a reverse clicky in an expensive light.

Has anybody installed a forward clicky in theirs? I searched this thread and did not see any posts mentioning the conversion. Only talk of the "Enthusiast" version that will have a forward clicky.

I am considering ordering a McClicky and attempting to install it.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Since this thread was bumped; I am still frustrated by having a reverse clicky in an expensive light.

Has anybody installed a forward clicky in theirs? I searched this thread and did not see any posts mentioning the conversion. Only talk of the "Enthusiast" version that will have a forward clicky.

I am considering ordering a McClicky and attempting to install it.

The -edc LR Enthusiast has a forward clicky, and I just removed and screwed it onto each of the 3 previous edc versions I also have. It works with all of them...so it should be pretty easy to change out the switch type--just has the 2 holes that unscrews with a pair of snap ring pliers. If he doesn't see this thread, next time I talk to him, I'll ask him what type of forward clicky he used in the final edc version and where to get them.

JetskiMark

Enlightened
Thank you for the info. I had disassembled the tail cap a while ago to see what the actual switch looked like. While the McClicky does not look like a drop in solution, I ordered one to see if I can make it work.

Interestingly, a Surefire SW02 screws right on but the smaller diameter portion of the body is not long enough to bottom out and make contact. Machining off the rear grip ring retaining portion of the body would remedy this. So would a properly sized bushing. I wish I had a lathe.

JetskiMark

Enlightened
I used a Romisen forward clicky for the Enthusiast models. Don't remember right off the top of my head which one but the swap is pretty easy.

Thank you for the info. Those are inexpensive enough. Since that switch is an easy swap, is there a reason why these were not a part of the original build? Am I the only one who is not a reverse clicky fan?

Knowing nothing about a Romisen clicky, I found this google link. Is that the one, or are there a whole slew of various sizes you have to figure out from some other source?

That was my first search result and that vendor offers a 6% CPF discount. Not a big deal for a part that is only $1.35 but they do support CPF so I would be happy to support them. I added one to my cart to see how much shipping would be. One switch or a hundred would be $2.85 shipped USPS First Class. I will probably order several regardless of the McClicky outcome.

I rolled up a piece of aluminum foil and inserted it into an SW02 and it works perfectly. I will try to find a piece of tubing that is the proper diameter to make a spacer with. (~0.824"/20.93mm O.D.) I like the feel of the light with the SW02 installed.

Since the McClicky has a good reputation as a quality switch, I will see if I can make it work with the original tail cap. It should arrive in two days.

Now I have to figure out how to convert my original DEFT to a forward clicky.

LuxLuthor

Flashaholic
Thank you for the info. Those are inexpensive enough. Since that switch is an easy swap, is there a reason why these were not a part of the original build? Am I the only one who is not a reverse clicky fan?

That was my first search result and that vendor offers a 6% CPF discount. Not a big deal for a part that is only $1.35 but they do support CPF so I would be happy to support them. I added one to my cart to see how much shipping would be. One switch or a hundred would be $2.85 shipped USPS First Class. I will probably order several regardless of the McClicky outcome.

I rolled up a piece of aluminum foil and inserted it into an SW02 and it works perfectly. I will try to find a piece of tubing that is the proper diameter to make a spacer with. (~0.824"/20.93mm O.D.) I like the feel of the light with the SW02 installed.

Since the McClicky has a good reputation as a quality switch, I will see if I can make it work with the original tail cap. It should arrive in two days.

Now I have to figure out how to convert my original DEFT to a forward clicky.

How do we know that link we found is the right one?

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Knowing nothing about a Romisen clicky, I found this google link. Is that the one, or are there a whole slew of various sizes you have to figure out from some other source?

Close. That is where I got them but they were called "Forward Tactical Click Switch for Romisen RC-G2, RC-29". Don't see them on his site anymore but those may work as well.

Well if I remember correctly it was simply a matter of awareness or a lack thereof of the potential solution until we were at the end of production on the non-Enthusiast models. I seem to remember giving some thought to adding them to a few of the last ones but time and money were seriously tight at the time.

lightdelight

Newly Enlightened
They certainly look similar. If anybody gets the switch swap to work I'd like to hear about it, and I'll be doing the same to my EDC+.