DEFT-X OMG Strikes Back!!!

houser23

Enlightened
Has anybody heard from Saabluster lately? I'm still waiting on a DEFT-X I ordered mid-December. Emails and voice mails have gone unanswered? Anybody else still waiting on a DEFT-X?

Thanks,
Greg

Did you order a back-ordered DEFT-X or were you one of the lucky few to snatch one up he sold awhile back on his website? If it's the former then you're in for a very long wait I'm sorry to say.

Insequent

Newly Enlightened
I ordered it off of his website, supposedly from the batch of eleven before they became backordered. I haven't been able to reach him to find out what's going on though.

houser23

Enlightened
So you've called and left voice mails with no reply I see, well that's a little disconcerting. Have you tried the number that Capolini posted on post 2995?

Capolini

Banned
@ Insequent.

I would try/continue trying his cell number provided on his website and the one I posted in post #2995.

I called him about 1 month ago to say hi..........I left a message not expecting a return call[which I did not get].

Your case is totally different,,,,,,,keep trying,,,,,he needs to respond to you,that was 4 months ago!

Insequent

Newly Enlightened
Yes, I called the number on his website. Same one you posted. Four months is a long time when you thought you would have it in a week or so. I'll keep trying.

Thanks guys,
Greg

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a question, DEFT-X vs TK61vn V3.5
who has a better throw ???

Correct me anyone if I'm wrong, just wanted to point out that as far as I know the Deft-X will be virtually constant max output for the life of the entire battery, whereas the TK61vn V3.5 has step down factors to consider. I love a light that stays nearly constant from the moment you turn it on until the end of the battery life. But of course that is probable for a thrower and not really probable for a light that pumps out tons of lumens

Last edited:

houser23

Enlightened
Just a quick update. I did receive my DEFT-X a few weeks ago. Nice and bright.

Nice!! You're now an honorary member of a very exclusive club. Hold on to that light because you may never see another like it anytime soon, unless Michael decides to come out or retirement and create the DEFT-XV2.:D

saabluster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you plan on having any pocket lights similar to the one you included with the Deft X?
Nothing on the low end of the market. I have had for some years now rough plans for a small light that was pushed far beyond any small light ever released. It would require a fundamental rethink of flashlight design and so could not simply be a modified platform. Unless it was heavily modified. Given the work that would be required vs what people want to pay for a light that size has prevented me from fully exploring my ideas.

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
DEFT-X with or without Collars in future? Looks like Wavien has ceased operations ...

http://www.wavien.com
I called Waiven a month or more ago to purchase a collar for a SBT-70 which the store claimed to be in stock. They appeared to have no interest in selling anything. I called a couple of additional times for the order and got ignored.

Lets hope that someone purchases the patent and decides to produce the collars, possibly in a few different sizes.

TEEJ

Flashaholic
I called Waiven a month or more ago to purchase a collar for a SBT-70 which the store claimed to be in stock. They appeared to have no interest in selling anything. I called a couple of additional times for the order and got ignored.

Lets hope that someone purchases the patent and decides to produce the collars, possibly in a few different sizes.

If they are not defending the patent, and are out of the game, it might be open season on it. Just start making them and its ON.

:D

If the guy wants a few bucks royalty instead of the usurious rates he was asking before, he might even keep some cash flow to be fair about it.

:D

NoNotAgain

Flashlight Enthusiast
If they are not defending the patent, and are out of the game, it might be open season on it. Just start making them.

Not knowing on what grounds they went out of business the assets may belong to their creditors if that's all they have.

I've seen a few patent whores wait years to file against people using what was thought to be in the public domain.

The last price I saw was $99 for the collar that fit the SBT-70 emitter.

I guess I should have been more forceful when attempting to order.

Kenjii

Newly Enlightened
When i saw the info on their website, i checked Amazon for the collars. I bought all sets in stock (small, medium, large collar) for 11US$ per set :nana: At that price i could not resist ;)