Dereelight CL1H-T Pill Questions

holygeez03

Enlightened
I own a Dereelight CL1H-T with XM-L2 two-mode pill... that I use with the extension tube (2x18650)... I have a warm and a neutral two-mode pill that I like and would like to get more use out of... due to the bulk of the CL1H-T, I don't use it any more now that I have more compact/powerful options.

Are these pills specific to the CL1H-T since they have the tight/loose mode change UI?

Can I purchase a DBS-T head and use it on the CL1H-T body and pills? Even if I only get 1-mode as long as it's 100% power, that's fine.

If so, do you know where I can purchase a DBS-T head? Or at least a DBS-T without a pill? Or some other host that I can use with these pills that will make them more useful?

If not, what should I do with these two-mode, two cell pills?

holygeez03

Enlightened
I found an option on the Dereelight website to order the DBS-T head... I might try this to change my light into a thrower... for fun.

http://www.dereelight.com/batt_charger.php

Will this work with my CL1H-T pills? Worst case, it includes a new pill... I assume I need the 2MT-M option to get full power?

Last edited:

fnsooner

Enlightened
I have a DBS-T with a 2MT-M pill and a CL1H-T with a 2MT-M pill and the heads will interchange with the bodies and work fine. The bodies are identical on mine but were bought around five years ago.

If I recall, 2MT-M stands for two mode twist multi battery. So this pill requires two cells to get full power. If using one cell with this pill, you only get about seventy five percent output. 2MT-S is for a single cell use and will fry if you use it with two cells. Unfortunately I found out the hard way.

I am not exactly sure if I answered your question. Dereelight ordering is very confusing.

holygeez03

Enlightened
Excellent info... thanks. I have two 2MT-M pills.. one warm and one neutral... I was very excited when I found out I can order a DBS-T head (including a new pill that I don't need) for $36 (see above)... but shipping to US is $50!!! WTF???

fnsooner

Enlightened
Yeah, that shipping is high. I used to order my Dereelight stuff from flashlightconnection.com back in the day. It doesn’t look like he is around any more.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I have also dealt with Jay at flashlightconnection.com... excellent experience, but I can't find him either.

I would really love to get ahold of a DBS-T head to create a warm temp thrower... come one Dereelight, figure out how to ship it to me at a reasonable cost.

Last edited:

holygeez03

Enlightened
I received an email back from Alan at Deree... it turns out that they were having having a web site issue... shipping is now free so I grabbed a DBS-T head, which comes with a pill... I decided on the "new" XP-G2 pill that hits full power with a single cell (1X18650) and I should also be able to use my existing neutral and warm pills with 2x18650.

The best part: the XP-G2 pill will be domeless and neutral!!!

My Dereelight CL1H-T & DBS-T lego set will not be the cutting edge of technology, but it will hopefully be fun to mess around with...

davyro

Enlightened
I'm glad to see you're going to get the head you wanted.I own an CL1H-T i decided when i bought the light to buy an DBS-T as i knew you could lego the parts.So i have a very good thrower & another very good high output light.
I've just received a Dereelight javelin today i bought it as i also own the dereelight edc C2H & the parts lego as well.So I've used the edc host & switch & put the javelin head on it.What a fantastic 1 x CR123a edc size thrower it
is.The thing is there's a section of the javelin which lego's with the CL1H-T as well.This means i've got all kinds of configurations now,I've owned my older dereelight parts for 5 yrs & they're still very good.I use them regularly as
well.For the price of their products i think there's quite a few people missing out on a very good set of products.

fnsooner

Enlightened
It’s good to see that flashlight connection is still kicking.

I think Dereelight ruined me for tail cap clicky lights. Head tightened, it is a single mode forward clicky. With the head loosened, it gives you three modes without any blinkies. What more could you want. Throw in the fact that mine have a nice warm color temp and I am good to go.

I also have the DBS-T aspheric with the XR-E EZ900 LED with the same awesome UI. A lot of flashlights have come and gone but I can’t seem to be able to part with these three. Awesome lights.

holygeez03

Enlightened
I also prefer the simple head twist high/medium toggle that will go back and forth directly, for certain applications... and momentary switches.

Which pills provide the head tight single-mode/loose 3-mode UI? Will they work with any T model?

I'm trying to find someone who sells a relatively inexpensive neutral tint pill that will utilize the DBS head for throw.

davyro

Enlightened
I also prefer the simple head twist high/medium toggle that will go back and forth directly, for certain applications... and momentary switches.

Which pills provide the head tight single-mode/loose 3-mode UI? Will they work with any T model?

I'm trying to find someone who sells a relatively inexpensive neutral tint pill that will utilize the DBS head for throw.

There's a place in the U.S called mountain electronics,they should be able to provide you with what you need

fnsooner

Enlightened
The 2MT-M and the 2MT-S are the correct pills. I think they will work with any T model. Like I said earlier, Dereelight is very confusing and I would hate to give you bad info. If I recall, the T in DBS-T stands for tactical and the T in 2MT-M stands for twist. At least that is how it was explained to me on these forums.

I guess you could order a pill with the configuration you want and then have a modder match up an LED that would suit you.

Latest posts