Dereelight DBS Version 2 Black HA w/ Cree R2 WH 3SD&DI

cat

Enlightened
Thank you, Wade. Excellent, as always.

I think I must wait for an R2 WH.
Good you noted the improved finish, and I think it looks like the threads are better.
I like the anti-roll ring accessory, option to the clip. What a difference to the Fenix T1 and its clip.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
Hey Wade, does v2 fit as easily in your Maxpedition holster as your other DBS?

I'm asking because I have the same holster.

Strauss

Flashlight Enthusiast
I absolutely LOVE the warm tint of the R2. Compared with my Tiablo A9 Q5, it blows it away outside where there are lots of greens and browns. The warm tint doesn't "wash them out" like the blue-ish Q5 in the Tiablo. And that one helluva review :)

selfbuilt

Flashaholic
Thanks for the review Wade - fantastic pics of the light. :thumbsup:

I agree that this version of the light is a step forward (never really cared for the 2-stage body switch in V1 either). Personally, I prefer the black finish and new styling as well. AR lens is also a nice touch.

Nice review. The DBS V2 looks very good on your pics. Mine hasn't arrived yet. I hope it isn't lost or confiscated. I have finished building my extra pills, one with a very low vf Q5 WG and a FluPIC 1.2A. That pill should cross the 30K Lux border with a wide margin. I'm really looking forward to this one.
I hope yours shows up soon Stefan - can't wait to see the results of your custom FluPIC version. :drool:

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey Wade, does v2 fit as easily in your Maxpedition holster as your other DBS?

I'm asking because I have the same holster.

Yeah, it should, but I haven't tried since it carries fine for me with the pocket clip. :) Removing the clip would probably make it easier to go in and out of the holster, but that holster is universal so it should work fine.

Niteowl

Enlightened
Thank you, Wade. Excellent, as always.

I think I must wait for an R2 WH.
Good you noted the improved finish, and I think it looks like the threads are better.
I like the anti-roll ring accessory, option to the clip. What a difference to the Fenix T1 and its clip.

I am soooooo happy I held off buying for several months. Not only because of the outstanding refinements the light itself received (surpased my expectations), but also because of the R2 WH emitter. Like others have said, the tint is great for outdoors.

My only regret is not having the funds to get both reflectors. I have the OP which should serve me well, but I'm dying to see what this light does with an SMO.

Monocrom

Flashaholic
:D At least his fingernails are clean, unlike some others I've seen around here.

CPFers should get their wives or girlfriends to model their lights for them.... Women seem to do a better job of grooming their fingernails. Must be a girl thing. :sssh:

StefanFS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ha, finally it got here. Not lost in the snow storm or confiscated by the storm troopers. The 3SD gives a reading of ~25 500 @ 1 meter. My AMC7135 based 1.2A driver with a CREE Q5 gives me the same output. But the FluPIC super pill I made for it is a bit disappointing, only ~30 000 Lux @ 1 meter. I'll make a third pill tonight after work, this time with a boost circuit so I can get voltage to the led up to ~4 Volt.

The tint of the R2 WH looks very much like my Q5 WG. Quite a nice light all things considered.

Stefan

CandleFranky

Enlightened
My only regret is not having the funds to get both reflectors. I have the OP which should serve me well, but I'm dying to see what this light does with an SMO.
What are the pros of the OP reflector, because this light is a thrower? And for a maximum throw you will need the SMO reflector. :poke:

cat

Enlightened
What are the pros of the OP reflector, because this light is a thrower? And for a maximum throw you will need the SMO reflector. :poke:

Check the threads on the V1 DBS - or pull all WadeF posts and go to the thread that way. There's quite a few mentions of it - of how good the MOP reflector is.

Steve L

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I guess Dereelight's pills aren't really getting 1.2A to the emitter? :)
I think they are not getting 4.0-4.1v at 1.2a. I wonder if Stefan was also able to get the emitter better focused(farther inside the reflector) with his homemade pill?

WadeF

Flashlight Enthusiast
I wonder if Stefan was also able to get the emitter better focused(farther inside the reflector) with his homemade pill?

That could be part of it. My R2 3SD DBS pill gives me around 28,300LUX, if it was a R2 3SD CL1H pill that gets the emitter in a bit farther I'd expect to see around 30,000LUX.

Stereodude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think they are not getting 4.0-4.1v at 1.2a. I wonder if Stefan was also able to get the emitter better focused(farther inside the reflector) with his homemade pill?
Uh... Vf and the current are directly linked. They can't have the current, but not the voltage, or vice versa.