Destructive Incan Bulb Tests - Updated 8/27/2010 (Newer Info Added)

BVH

Flashaholic
CPF Supporter
Hi Lux. Did you ever sell all those Fat Boys? Not looking for any, just curious.

The_Driver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was a bit late to the party (since '08), but I'm still here. :au:
I have always found your tests very helpful!

Last edited:

strideredc

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
I still use the lists and loads of the info you have put up here. I can't be the only one! work like this never becomes irrelevant...

I have a few soda can many thousands lm. Good for lighting up a large area... I would be more upset to scratch even a g2 😉 in my incan collection than lose all my soda can lights!

bridgman

Enlightened
CPF Supporter
Doubt many incan fans left now. I'm still here.
Lots of incandescent fans still here, although it gets a bit more difficult every year. I'm kicking myself for not buying more bi-pin sockets, baattery holders and bulbs though... I'm down to a 2C ROP low, a 2D WA1111, a Surefire with HO lamp, and a 3D Mag85 that needs a bulb *and* a battery pack since my last 9 cell NiMH stick is now refusing to charge.

EDIT - forgot the Magcharger with some kind of upgraded bulb (1160 if memory serves). OK, maybe things aren't so bad :unsure:

There seem to be a lot of cheap 6V 20W bi-pin bulbs on Amazon - I have a pack on the way to see how they behave with a bit of prodding. Just remembered that those bulbs are Osram 64250's which you have already covered. Excellent !

I'm starting to see interest going back towards incandescent, in the same way that people are going from low-res digital back to vinyl. I have had a few people now refer to my incandescent lights as "real flashlights"... people seem to be getting tired of cool white.

Thanks very much for all the great information you have brought to the forum (and to the great unwashed like me).

Last edited: